Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

Looks like City wanted a buy back clause, but Adarabioyo refused it:

I don’t quite understand that because surely he’s have a say if we paid the buy back clause? I assume we don’t just pay it then he has to come back so it would be insignificant

I don’t quite understand that because surely he’s have a say if we paid the buy back clause? I assume we don’t just pay it then he has to come back so it would be insignificant

Even if there was buy back clause and we paid it, he could still turn us down.

So I don't think that Athletic article is true.

The player contractually agrees to return when the buyback is established, if you could change your mind later on the clause would be worthless. Go back a few years to when Madrid brought back Morata from Juve, he didn't want to go and spoke openly about not wanting to go, but had to.

Not really. Angelino decided to come back, a buy back doesn't obligate the player to do so.
Depends on the clause itself. But regardless, City would only be using it to get him back cheap and sell him on or use him as a squad player. I think it's good for him to find his own way and if we deem him good enough going forwards, we'll try and buy him.

The player contractually agrees to return when the buyback is established, if you could change your mind later on the clause would be worthless. Go back a few years to when Madrid brought back Morata from Juve, he didn't want to go and spoke openly about not wanting to go, but had to.
That is wrong. They can turn you down regardless, players are not slaves.

Buyback clause does not mean the player HAS to go the club. That is simply not true, unless is its speficially stated in the buyback clause, but the player cannot be forced to agree to that either.

So what you say is not true at all.

Because, if it was true Nathan Aké would be at Chelsea, not at City. Chelsea had buyback clause, but they did not even bother to trigger it as they knew he only wanted City.

Buyback clause is worthless if the player is not keen on the move.

Even if there was buy back clause and we paid it, he could still turn us down.

So I don't think that Athletic article is true.

Perhaps he didn't want a buyback because it would mean coming back on a very cheap deal and being disposable like Angelino.

A buy back on a £2m transfer isn't going to be huge. <£15m max? There's always going to be a correlation between the tiny transfer fee and that buyback clause.

If he returns now, we're going to have to pay market value for him. Invest serious money in the transfer, and he's not going to get the angelino treatment of being told the club wants you back, then arriving, getting 6 appearances in 7 months and being loaned out again because actually Pep wasn't interested, you were just a very cheap backup option they couldn't pass up.

Not really. Angelino decided to come back, a buy back doesn't obligate the player to do so.

Imo once PSG had offered £25 million for him City only wanted him back to sell on for a big profit. Angelino obviously must have been aware and had some say in it.

Imo once PSG had offered £25 million for him City only wanted him back to sell on for a big profit. Angelino obviously must have been aware and had some say in it.
Him and his agent no doubt made a nice little cut as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.