First game....

My memory is really bad but i have it in my mind it was norwich at home ??? 1979

Fell in love with Nicky

Last edited:
Dec 8th 1989

City 1 liverpool 4

Couldnt see shit with a wall to my left, pillar ahead of me and being 9 years old.

My first home game was the 5-1 Charlton promotion game.
Dad drove me, mum and a couple of mates up from Devon in an old Ford Transit with a bus seat screwed to the floor in the back.
I was sick with nerves, the run in had been so stressful, and how many people were there that day?
Nerves were quickly settled and City romped to victory.
Leaving Maine Road, mum had a bad stomach and had a shit in a carry bag in the back of the van to top a memorable day.
Haha great end to the day

1978 and I think we played wba. Can't remember much about it apart from sitting in the platt lane on the wooden benches... Good days.

Very early 82/3 season, midweek game at home to Stoke which we won 1-0 with I think David Cross the scorer.
Stood at the white wall at the front of the Kippax and remember being impressed by the pace of Stoke's Mark Chamberlain.
After a good start we ended up being relegated by Luton leading to many character building years of failure.

This came into my memory the other day.. I remember it was v Wolves at home in 1974 and was 1-1 so googled it was I was right. Was nearly 8 at the time. I was in the North Stand and remembered the vivid blue and white and gold kits and the green grass the white walls of the Kippax the smell of Cigar smoke and Bovril..Still remember it as though it was yesterday!

City v QPR in 93. The blues won 3-0. Quinn, Sheron and Flitcroft with the goals.
There was no turning back after that. Still got my Swales out, Lee in badge they were handing out before the game.
Cheers Dad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.