YouTube buffering issue.

StrangewaysHereWeCome

Hiya. I've recently got virgin fibre broadband. It runs well, 50mbps download, 5 upload. Believe me when I say its fantastic compared to the between 2 and 5 mbps I had previously, living in broadband black hole I guess.
So, broadband is fine. Pages on Internet are quick to load. The boys ps4 is great as is the firestick on the TV both wired connection
However I have an absolutely infuriating experience with YouTube buffering on my phone. Is it true about isp throttling? I just can't work out why this is occurring, like I say, I can stream through my firestick fine enough, (football iptv you know the dance)
But I stick my headphones on and try watch music videos on my phone and I get that white buffering circle three or four times in a 4 minute song and it makes we want to do a violence.
Any tips?

When you search for your wifi network in the house...do you have 2 Virgin networks? One ending with "2G" and the other ending with "5G"? If so, try switching between the 2.....i believe one is preferred for longer distances (cant remember which)....oh, and the label 5G has nothing to do with outdoors, mobile 5G...its a different thing.

Ive had the same problem...specifically with youtube....i even changed the quality of the play back....but tbh, it just eventually sorted itself out

When you search for your wifi network in the house...do you have 2 Virgin networks? One ending with "2G" and the other ending with "5G"? If so, try switching between the 2.....i believe one is preferred for longer distances (cant remember which)....oh, and the label 5G has nothing to do with outdoors, mobile 5G...its a different thing.

Ive had the same problem...specifically with youtube....i even changed the quality of the play back....but tbh, it just eventually sorted itself out
2.4G reaches farther but 5G is much faster.

I can’t seem to connect to Netflix or iPlayer through my Samsung tv it just keeps buffering but my tablet connects straight away, has anyone got any ideas to why.

I can’t seem to connect to Netflix or iPlayer through my Samsung tv it just keeps buffering but my tablet connects straight away, has anyone got any ideas to why.
I'm guessing everything that streams through your TV is the same?

Try disconnecting from your WiFi and then re-connect again.

Edit: are you streaming 4K BTW? If so can you hard wire the connection rather than use WiFi?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.