COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicola Sturgeon said the response of creating a higher tier for most infected regions is because though cases have come down they have not come down beyond a stubbornly too high level.

This is what I fear will occur in England too. We may see numbers stall more or less where they are right now as England is at just above the kind of level you would expect to be the equivalent of where Scotland has stalled based on populations.

Though the wider lockdown in England versus the regional one in Scotland might make a difference. And if it does the next 2 weeks will tell us that.

Might inform what we do in future.

Scotland 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 37 v 39 v 45 v 50 today.

Cases 1128 v 1212 v 1216 (6.1% positive) v 1089 (4.6% positive) today - you can see here what Nicola Sturgeon meant about the stall- 127 separating all four week's numbers. Though the positivity fall is good news meaning more tests were carried out too.

Patients 1117 v 1252 v 1207 v 1212 today

icu ventilators 85 v 95 v 98 v 85 today

These hospital numbers showing stall and even fall are encouraging but with the low numbers and the high death numbers which will reduce both of these numbers naturally it is hard to know how much of the fall is real.

But it is clear neither are escalating and that is good news.

Talk seems to be of a mid December decision about lifting restrictions for Xmas week followed by a full lockdown again to the end of January.

CNN put up a graphic last night , we are the 5th on deaths and that is the official based on a flawed system and much less than the ONS

Schools in new york closing as cases and deaths are rising , we needed to be much more decisive

ONS data

Coronavirus was the third most common cause of death in England and Wales in October - having not been among the 10 leading causes of fatality the month before.

The Official for National Statistics (ONS) has said 3,367 (7.8%) of the 43,265 deaths in England last month involved COVID-19.

Scotland 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 37 v 39 v 45 v 50 today.

Cases 1128 v 1212 v 1216 (6.1% positive) v 1089 (4.6% positive) today - you can see here what Nicola Sturgeon meant about the stall- 127 separating all four week's numbers. Though the positivity fall is good news meaning more tests were carried out too.

Patients 1117 v 1252 v 1207 v 1212 today

icu ventilators 85 v 95 v 98 v 85 today

These hospital numbers showing stall and even fall are encouraging but with the low numbers and the high death numbers which will reduce both of these numbers naturally it is hard to know how much of the fall is real.

But it is clear neither are escalating and that is good news.

appears this is the level things will stay at with the current lack of personal compliance and with certain things remaining open. Until you solve one or both then I think we're unlikely to see a huge drop-off.

Desperatly want to see my kids and Grandkids over Xmas but if this means another 25 day lockdown and ultimatly more deaths then i would rather fuck this xmas

to be honest, my Christmas’s have been so stressful last few years with trying to juggle and see all the family with them all apart - driving here there and everywhere with usually some drama.

quite hoping for a quiet one with just the Mrs and little one.

Why should schools go online if the cases are falling?
This article touches on why the government may move schools online for first two weeks December (again, please note, I'm not advocating that, merely saying it has been mooted amongst heads and deputies I've spoken to that this is what they're planning). Extra restrictions before Christmas = sitting around the tree with all your relatives, or something that they think will appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.