COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the light at the end of the tunnel offered by the various vaccines, I think it would be incredibly irresponsible of the government to toss away any progress by letting people mingle over Christmas. A couple of hours with people from multiple households packed into a room is bloody stupid at this stage.

Given the light at the end of the tunnel offered by the various vaccines, I think it would be incredibly irresponsible of the government to toss away any progress by letting people mingle over Christmas. A couple of hours with people from multiple households packed into a room is bloody stupid at this stage.
Unfortunately this^^^^

I agree and what is with five days , make it dec 25 and 26 if you must , moaning about locking down in jan is ridiculous, we all know there will be a huge spike and more deaths as flu will be here and covid loves people in a room together , hugging will happen as well

If Father Christmas is true to form, and manages to be in every single household during the early hours of December 25th, no mitigation strategies will suffice.

For those who are determined to have a Christmas get together no matter what.

I can only hope that it's one of your family or friends that dies rather than someone less selfish than you.

While that might be true, I doubt peoples behaviour over the 2 or 3 days of Christmas will be that impacted by government rules, families will do what families decide is best for themselves. Any strict no household mixing rules would be ignored by many families.

CNN put up a graphic last night , we are the 5th on deaths and that is the official based on a flawed system and much less than the ONS

Schools in new york closing as cases and deaths are rising , we needed to be much more decisive

ONS data

Coronavirus was the third most common cause of death in England and Wales in October - having not been among the 10 leading causes of fatality the month before.

The Official for National Statistics (ONS) has said 3,367 (7.8%) of the 43,265 deaths in England last month involved COVID-19.

Is that death rate just total number or deaths per 100k? Being 5th wouldn't be great on either, but if it's the former, it's relatively meaningless as a means of comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.