Joy Division / New Order thread

Aside from "Blue Monday", I'm new to NO.

Currently enjoying the power corruption and lies LP. Some real bangers on this album with some superb bass from Hooky.

As mentioned I have struggled with a lot of their other more recent albums but I enjoy discovering their tracks. You can hear how influential they were on certain genres.
I’m always envious of people like you as you’ve got all this great music to discover. Give ACR a go too.

Currently enjoying the power corruption and lies LP. Some real bangers on this album with some superb bass from Hooky.

As mentioned I have struggled with a lot of their other more recent albums but I enjoy discovering their tracks. You can hear how influential they were on certain genres.
You can't go too wrong with anything from Everything's Gone Green through Technique. They did some great songs afterwards but probably not a great album. Whenever someone looks to get into a band you would normally point them to the greatest hits album but as it's a singles album listen to Substance. For younger ears I would point towards the live album released last year they did with Liam Gillick called So It Goes. There's a great version of Vanishing Point on it.

It's a good record no doubt with some proper old style New Order stuff on it but got great reviews due to the previous patchy efforts. That's just my opinion and anyone who likes NO is alright by me

Would totally agree with this. Music Complete is a very good album, but it kind of feels like a veteran getting a top score at the open. Never going to challenge the leaders, but you're still happy to see them play, and enjoyable all the same. The remix album (Complete Music) is actually better though.

Someone mentioned live albums. The one from Bestival is my favourite.

You won't go wrong with PC&L.
Then move on chronologically to Low Life and then Brotherhood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.