Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

8 games, 10 goals scored, 11 conceded.

14th in the list of number of goals scored. The difference between the best attack (Chelsea) and us is 12 goals.
7th in the list of number of goals conceded. The difference between the best defence (Spurs) and us is only 2 goals.

Pretty obvious where the problem is.

8 games and we're 10th. Not saying that we will stay there. But i wouldn't bet on us climbing into the top 4 anytime soon. It's not jsut top teams we are struggling against. We've drawn against a bunch of mid table teams as well.
Not confident we are going to be able to go on a good run anytime soon.

I thought Rodri was arguably our best player today.

too many players 5 and 6 out of 10
The fact that he looks ok in isolation doesn't mask the problem his inclusion creates. I actually quite like him, think he's a decent player. Just not for us

They showed more aggression and fight arguing the toss with that twat Dean over the dodgy penalty than they did in 90 min of football. The only time I saw true grit is in the face and eyes of young Jesus. Nowhere else. We need 10 men with his fight, determination and just the sheer will to get stuck in. He's no Aguero but he's all heart and courage. Those big time players could really learn from the kid. We had it once but just seems to have been 'coached' out of us. I really really miss it.
Totally agree.

We need to recognise that we’re in bad form before this really spirals.

Every player needs to fight for the shirt now. Nothing less than 110% aggression and commitment.

Let the other team have the ball now and again then we might be able to counter attack.
Wouldn’t matter if we did. Playing with inverted wingers and the way we play means we would break and then cut inside and pass backwards whilst we wait for them to get back

8 games, 10 goals scored, 11 conceded.

14th in the list of number of goals scored. The difference between the best attack (Chelsea) and us is 12 goals.
7th in the list of number of goals conceded. The difference between the best defence (Spurs) and us is only 2 goals.

Pretty obvious where the problem is.
But hey look at the possession stats we must be near top and that’ll please pep.

I don't understand when people continue to say this. What do you want Pep to do, if a team sits back and puts 10 in their half, what is the alternative method of playing that you suggest to get passed that? Spurs were always going to play that way against us, and it really comes down to who scores first. Today they did, next time it'll be us and the result will be different.

What do u mean 'if' a team plays like this? They now all play like this as its the way to beat us.

Pep doesnt anticipate it. Ever.

Nor does he anticipate changes. Always brings players on too late.

WOW. That was shit, been happening far too much for the last 12 months. One shot one goal.
Our 4 left footers tonight ranged from anonymous to Abysmal.
Ederson, both shots through his legs, he needs to be stopping both the goals as they were not great finishes.
Laporte, worst I’ve seen him play, he didn’t win many duels, he was bullied by Kane.
Bernado, anonymous, absolutely gutted as I’ve been wanting him to play centrally all season.
Mahrez, ABYSMAL. Didn’t beat a man all night, delivery poor & his fault for the 2nd goal giving it away so cheaply.
We are miles off being a championship
Winning team this season, we do not have the killer instinct in the final 3rd, lot of work to be done on the training ground by Pep & his staff. Don’t rush Sergio back please, can’t have him missing huge chunks of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.