Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

when we play away at Spurs it should be us parking the bus and hitting them on the counter attack. Its an easier strategy, Moureen has built a career on it.
wont be great to watch thou with both teams stay in their own halves ! but i agree we should of sat back and said to spurs your the home team come and play.

How many years of parked buses do we have to endure before teams play more openly against us again? How bad does our decline have to be before we reach the point where teams just say “they’re shit, let’s take them on”? Because I can’t wait for it. Football is shit but it’s even shitter when every single fucking game is boring.

The usual from the refs.

Stopping our momentum, blowing up against us for nothing, allowing the oppo more leeway in these instances.

Blocking our passing lanes making us turn back to find space. Mike Dean played great at DM for Spurs today.
There was certain areas where every time Kev got the ball, Mike Dean closed him down, meaning we’re negotiating and trying to find space in a well packed Spurs defence but an extra man too in the ref too.

Selective interpretation of the rules again for the disallowed goal. The lack of consistency is sickeningly obvious from anyone watching City regularly I’m thinking now if Gabby and Laporte combine to score against Spurs it’s automatically disallowed.

Ref allowed Spurs to slow down our free kicks by blocking us off, our players had to scramble to get the ball to take the free kick before a Spurs player kicked it away.

Ref and lines man allowed them block off our corners long and short by not inforcing the rules that don’t encroach and they stay at the 10yard line. KDB could be heard shouting early in the first half about this. Fuck all done about it. Fuck all done about the time wasting.

I don’t feel like I’m just pissing and whining here. I’ve been watching the same formula for years, but this season and last, it’s taking a lot of momentum out of our team and the players heads are dropping as a result.

Ederson; a maverick, a joy to watch when pinging long passes and maintaining composure when being pressed by the oppo. But he’s made to many errors lately leading to soft goals. I think he’s a very good keeper but needs to wake up and not just go to default setting of rushing out all the time. His positioning and decision making today made it a lot easier for the 2 goals.

Cancelo ; looks our sharpest player going forward, he brings a bit more urgency when he’s in the ball than we’ve seen from others. Good recovery speed too. I think a continued run of games will be good for him.

Mahrez ; very quiet, went missing completely today. Still not tracking or working hard enough. Still afraid of a tackle. Still isn’t passing as much or as quickly as he needs to. But now he’s not even getting shots off. Didn’t offer himself enough or look for the ball. Didn’t link up or even look like he’s was part of our front 3 today. Completely out of sync. Looked like Ferran and Gabby trying to knit together and some other bloke not entirely interested to make up the front 3. Offered nothing again today. Having him in for Phil from the start had a diminishing effect every level today. I’d be happy to cash in.

Kev, I wonder if he’s playing through some
Sort of biggie or playing through the pain barrier, cos his body shoe doesn’t look his normal in certain positions. He’s not got the acceleration. Could be just fatigue with no preseason. The lack of Dave won’t help him obviously but that’s where we’re at. We’ve been spoilt watching a midfield trio of Dave Kev and Fern. But again, this is where we’re at. So maybe our expectations need to shift slightly. Time will tell. I’m expecting Kev to find his too form again.

Can’t understand not staring Phil.
Gabby worked his bollax off, as per usual rarely gets the luck in the big decisions. Good to have him back.

Did we look a bit fitter today than previous games? Our intensity has dropped off usually around 60mins this season, hard to tell today as Spurs came more into the game in spells.

Frustrating day. If we’re gonna play the high line then we gotta get the offside trap right. But then I don’t trust VAR to even show us the right frames or make a just decision. Maybe we could have and should have sat a bit deeper at times today. Spurs just scrapped, frustrated us, exploited the space twice, scored and won. Organised and with the horrible Maureen style. But done nothing in the game to suggest they deserve get the win.

it’s gonna be a long and very strange season. There’s plenty to play for, we’re not out of it by any stretch. But we need to get a run if wins going starting with next week.
I remember the dark days when we would have 34 per cent possession and 4 shots to the opponent's 22 and occasionally win 2 - 0 at home with the match reports saying we were lucky. How can we lose when we have 22 shots to Spurs' 4 and totally dominate the possession on their patch ?

Zaba, Toure, Kompany, Silva, no Ferna or Aguero this season. All big players, all leaders in their own way. You can only paper over cracks so long, we’ve not recruited well.

Pep said a while back if he has to motivate players there’s a problem. Well there’s a huge problem because the dressing room is weak, talented but weak.
We have missed Vinny more than anyone could imagine, who'd have thought we'd turn to shit without that one player, I certainly didn't

Nope. There will always be games where we concede the 1st goal. We had 85 minutes to score two and we didn't score any. We didn't concede 3 in 30 minutes. There were many games in 17/18 and 18/19 where we weren't leading, but the team fought back to win the game, often in the last few minutes of the match. We're not creating enough, and when we do create the finishing is dogshit.
Yup. 10 goals in 8 games. We had 27 at the same stage last season.

How many years of parked buses do we have to endure before teams play more openly against us again? How bad does our decline have to be before we reach the point where teams just say “they’re shit, let’s take them on”? Because I can’t wait for it. Football is shit but it’s even shitter when every single fucking game is boring.
cant wait to see end to end games and not to bothered who wins just want to see agood game of football

Spot on mate and if u want to delve even deeper 1 only has to looks at stats of Mahrez & Bernardo and FFS wins easily, but Bernardo is a nice guy so it's ok.
If anything I blame mendy for Bernardo because if mendy wasn’t here then Bernardo would not have sent that stupid twitter picture and he wouldn’t have been fined because since that incident he has never recovered so it’s mendys fault . Only joking but that text has fucked him

Don’t give 2 fucks what he did against Germany tbh . He wasn’t the worst tonight though was he
Well obviously I'm not talking about tonight but his whole tenure at the club. Wouldn't mind at all if we sell him and get a more productive backup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.