Pep's contract situation

Sorry lads for this intrusion. My loyalties are there for all to see in my past posts etc.

Hate Spurs and am sickened by the media love in that is to follow this week.

But as someone as a semi neutral let me offer the following:

1 Ederson is a much a liabilty as Pickford in his efforts.
2. Peps love of Marhrez is puzzling!
3. Bernardo Silva is busy but ineffective and has been off form for18 months.
4. DeBruyne needs a break from football for a couple of months.

He wasn't exactly wrong about their first goal in his analysis when he said our defender can't follow Kane up to the ball, which Laporte did. Obviously can't plan properly for it with 48 hours of training, but that goal is on Laporte and Ederson not Pep. Pep knew what their strength was up front, the players just defended it poorly. Clearly the players were told about it, but it broke down on the pitch where it matters.

The alarming thing for me is De Bruyne continually highlighting the lack of pre season, and no break between games, the internationals etc. He's right but it's almost sounding defeatist from Kev now. It's not going to change so we have to adapt to it and man up, not continually moan about it. It's almost sounding like we have conceded we won't make much of the league this season cause of this factor and I do wonder if that train of thought is spreading through the players. Cause as soon as one thing doesn't go our way be it the early goal, or the disallowed goal we drop our bundle and fall away. Cause despite the opening goal the first half hour we were all over Spurs. That disallowed goal wrecked us and our heads dropped then we fell away in the second half.

I do agree with Pep that we aren't far off it, but if we keep dropping points by the time we get going we'll be to far back.
A captain never gives in he leads by example.

The alarming thing for me is De Bruyne continually highlighting the lack of pre season, and no break between games, the internationals etc. He's right but it's almost sounding defeatist from Kev now. It's not going to change so we have to adapt to it and man up, not continually moan about it. It's almost sounding like we have conceded we won't make much of the league this season cause of this factor and I do wonder if that train of thought is spreading through the players. Cause as soon as one thing doesn't go our way be it the early goal, or the disallowed goal we drop our bundle and fall away. Cause despite the opening goal the first half hour we were all over Spurs. That disallowed goal wrecked us and our heads dropped then we fell away in the second half.
Kev tried almost single handedly last season,maybe he's had enough of the passengers in our squad

and about conceding the league already,if true,its 1 month earlier than last season,a few were still trying in December last season

Kev tried almost single handedly last season,maybe he's had enough of the passengers in our squad

and about conceding the league already,if true,its 1 month earlier than last season,a few were still trying in December last season
If only we could absolutely piss a league title without Kevin.

I agree, but players like that don’t have replacements. You find a player that his own attributes and you find a way or system to fit them. look at Jesus. Nowhere near aguero level as a Pure striker but when we have him sterling and foden we have an amazing press and the team adapts to play successfully that way.

we didn’t sign debruyne to replace yayas 20 goals a season. We let him do what he does and others score the goals As a result.
But replacing Fernandinho with Rodri? Sane with Torres? Not getting a lb? That’s not excusable

For months he said he will renew when he deserves the renewal.
And then he renewed out of the blue, on the back of a quite mediocre start.

He needs to evolve tactically big time or make sure current tactics can be played at 5x faster than how we played it since start of last season which is 14 months period.

Opponents find it much more easy to contain us and hit us on the break. We aint going to break down any kind of defence with Mahrez and Bernardo playing the way they play.

3 shots is usually enough for 2 goals for any opponent against us, someone has to have a few words with our GK coaches. Does Ederson concede 2 goals of every 3 shots in trainings too?

Positioning of defence during counter attacks also need to be reviewed, as it is a constant failure.

But replacing Fernandinho with Rodri? Sane with Torres? Not getting a lb? That’s not excusable

Torres looks like a terrific player.

However buying Rodri is an inexcusable decision. He's caused more problems than solved. Good passer but not good enough for this league.

Add to that Mahrez, Cancello, Mendy and refusal to buy another LB for 3 seasons.

It's obvious to me Kev has had enough of a few, one in particular stands out, no need to name him but it's clear as day watching our games who Kev has had a gutful of. Not that I blame Kev at all there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.