Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

For the good of the club he needs to fuck off or drop his arrogance and his outdated possession is all style of play.
How he gets a free ride for his abysmal champions league record, his transfer dealings and his overall lack of changing tactics when the time is needed is beyond me.

Rafa Benitez
Pochettino
Mancini

get any of these in and we improve
We get any of those 3 in and this board in a month will be filled with posters who hate the negative football etc. Two of those managers the game at that level has gone past. And Pochettino isn't being employed by big clubs for a reason, what that is I'm unsure of.

Hypothetically if we employed one of those three would we be better then we are now? I doubt it.

We've reached the end of a cycle, a extremely successful one and are regenerating our squad. Unfortunately it will take time, and to do that and contend for titles isn't a easy task. Having said that there are still 29 games to go, I don't see this lull lasting all season, nor do I see it lasting another month. It will come good, you can see it in bursts it's just not coming together yet.

Having said that if the three names mentioned or Pep is the manager choice, it's Pep everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Pep's first season we went through similar and that turned out fine for us all, I'm expecting similar.

I actually don't think we played that bad . Centre halves tangled and having a shocker for the first early doors but they're both quality players they just need time to develop as a partnership. I thought we moved it about and attacked with intent (at least more than most times recently) but spurs defended well and we couldn't crack them.

Its a familiar sight tho, and a simple enough gameplan for any opposition that we are seeing regularly now. Starting foden is probably a good start for numerous reasons. Seems we're in a transitional period but we should still have the quality to do the job and it feels like Pep isn't sure where we're heading. OK he spared us gundogan with rodri together but still played mahrez. If we're starting a new cycle then get mahrez out and get Phil in with Torres and trust them. I dont feel as though we've got a plan at the moment. It seems half measures and it's not working

Utter boring rubbish and it has been for 18 months.

If Pep's name was David Moyes, Pochettino or Brenda Rodgers , he would have been fired a long time ago.

We have serious issues with this set up and if anyone thinks a little 34 yr old Argentine coming into this league is going to transform this team, they are utterly deluded.

And if the said little fella wants to join this team, and thinks it is a better team than Barcelona , he must be deluded or looking for a pay day.

I would respectfully disagree that there was much pace or sharpness on show. Four or five touches when we used to take one or two has been a depressing feature of the last 18 months.
I think questioning the professionalism of a group of elite international footballers whose heads and hearts visibly sink when they concede, and who seem incapable of winning from a goal down, is fair enough.
And if a lack of pre-season is the main reason for this malaise then what explains the entirety of last season, when we were similarly underachieving? And why isn’t he more proactive with his use of substitutes?
Genuine questions btw. I just don’t see how he can turn this around without accepting his mistakes with a huge dose of humility, rather than doubling down on his most self destructive urges
You would have thought a dressing room with players whom respected this manager would have been over the proverbial moon when he signed a contract extension a few days before.

They would go out and show the love, respect and passion they have for Pep, and get a title bid back on track.

I did not see that reaction, I did not see anything, apart from a vast majority of the players on show underperforming from their true abilities and yet again losing to a team with far less ability than ours.

I actually don't think we played that bad . Centre halves tangled and having a shocker for the first early doors but they're both quality players they just need time to develop as a partnership. I thought we moved it about and attacked with intent (at least more than most times recently) but spurs defended well and we couldn't crack them.

Its a familiar sight tho, and a simple enough gameplan for any opposition that we are seeing regularly now. Starting foden is probably a good start for numerous reasons. Seems we're in a transitional period but we should still have the quality to do the job and it feels like Pep isn't sure where we're heading. OK he spared us gundogan with rodri together but still played mahrez. If we're starting a new cycle then get mahrez out and get Phil in with Torres and trust them. I dont feel as though we've got a plan at the moment. It seems half measures and it's not working
No stand outs this year so it is most likely another wasted year but with our poor transfer activity our drop off in the past 18 months has been predictable and disappointing.

in saying that it is alarming how easy teams find us to play against every one is in the game and I mean every side in the premiership.

this season has a Mark Hughes feel about it with results to match.

There are a few things he can try.

Start Foden and Torres always except when they need rest. It will help us next season if not this.
Play Sterling on the right, and use Mahrez sparingly.
Give Bernardo Silva a run of games to give confidence and see if he can get back to his best.
Encourage players to take more risks up front and faster passing.
Rest KDB during the CL games.
Have Liam Delap on the bench.
Never play Gundogan and Rodri together.
Bernardo Silva has fallen off the edge of a cliff in terms of form.

One good season in four is not good enough.

Love the guy and when on form he is a worldie, but the problem is he is not on form and not for a long time.

Why?

Resigned to a dire season. I don't think there is much Pep can do.
A dire season with the players available? please tell me your not serious?

We have major weaknesses in this squad, but more than enough ability to finish top 4.

Time to drop KDB. Way off the pace. Thought Torres and Jesus were good. Mahrez does not do enough.

We made bad mistakes for the goals and therefore deserved to lose.
Agreed, send him on a long holiday, the guy is burnt out and the season is only just started and the euros at the end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.