Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so far away from them, how did this happen?
Recruitment. Both theirs and ours. Look at the players they’ve bought and how they’ve developed. Then look at some of ours.

And coaching. Their players have been expertly developed into what they are now.

Man-management. They are going to win the league this year, after getting 196 points in two seasons. We always said they’d crumble in a third year, just like we did. But they keep going, despite the injuries catching up with them. Neither of us are at high 90s points total levels, but they’re still going to win it.

Our past era departing. No getting away from the fact we’ve lost a great spine. But equally, we could have prepared better for it. That’s on us.

Watched the game yesterday and was almost a feeling a deja vu. There was me thinking, like against City, that Liverpool would be under constant pressure, that we would be pressed constantly and the untried CB pairings really tested.

Both games therefore seemed really weird with me keeping on wonderign what was going on.
As has been said by many others, I thought after those first 20mins at the Etihad that we were there for the taking. Same with Leicester, yet it just didnt happen.
But why???

Again has been said here...mentality of other managers and players.
Too much respect for Liverpool or Anfield? But then someone else pointed out why managers and players don't do that against City.

Is there a difference between respect and love? Makes a difference in this sense I think.....as people may respect Klopp and what he has done for liverpool over the last few years...but do they love him?...certainly not as much as players and coaches around the world love Pep?

Pep has had success at Barcelona & Bayern, people admire/love him for the football he plays and the teams he has produced. The way he had developed players and the clubs as a whole has made people want to play like him and play for him. Is there somethign of this then when teams come up against City. They all know that the way to impress him is by playing their hearts out. Teams go all out not just to beat City but to impress Pep.

Just trying to rationalise why leicester didnt really appear to put a shift in against us yet were "at it" against you.

We are so far away from them, how did this happen?

Because as we all know the game goes in cycles, we have had the last 10 years when mostly we have been untouchable. It cannot go on for ever. It's someone else's turn to shine at the moment. Don't fear, we are in a bit of a flat period, I hate the term transition, and with a bit of luck ,which every team needs and a lot of hard work we will rise again. Oh fuck I forgot the Refs and VAR.

It’s pretty tragically painful how good they still are at the moment despite all their injuries.

I know they get the rub of the green more than we do but that’s not enough of an excuse for how far they seem to be ahead of us now.

Scratching my head at how out of nowhere Jota is a world beater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.