COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have come to the right place, this forum is brimming with Covid experts ;-)

Haha! I'm not even going to begin to pretend I know anything about this field.

Short answer is "they don't know".
They'll still be looking at the data and seeing if they can work it out.

As a hypothesis, it may be that the low dose causes the body machinery to start working without too much of the 'foreign target', but the high initial dose may swamp the machinery by having too much 'foreign target'. A bit like fighting off a mild fever, but not being able to fight off a worse fever.

Thank you. Hopefully all the reviews and safety tests come back positive and it can be all systems go. Finally looks like there's a way out of this mess soon.

Thank you. Hopefully all the reviews and safety tests come back positive and it can be all systems go. Finally looks like there's a way out of this mess soon.
No problem, I know something about the field while not an expert (they hypothesis suggested is entirely mine and shouldn't be considered to be more).

This being easier to make/store offsets the difference in rates.

I'm quite happy that the pharma companies involved know what they're doing and the testing is as reliable as possible. Certainly the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and I think this one too, do not involve 'dead' virus, and thus cannot give you coronavirus (some vaccines for other diseases are 'dead' vaccine which very very occasionally cause a reaction).

Got to be pleased the Oxford vaccine is between 70 and 90 percent efficient after around 10 months of research and processing of data. From what I've read, and I have no other knowledge than that I believe this should put us on point for some kind of herd immunity.

The biggest barrier seems to stem from anti vaccine groups but there's also those that won't have the jab because they are terrified of taking a needle and will hide behind an ethical cause when in reality they are just shit scared.

You may laugh(hard not to) but I have just bought a convertible after reading this rather genius advice of how to hand over a present from a socially safe distance. My current car didn’t have a sunroof so it had to go.

If anyone has any other ideas just in case it’s raining please let me and others on the forum know.
Bugger, we sold both of our convertibles at the beginning of the month.
If only we could have seen what lies ahead and thought out of the box.

Got to be pleased the Oxford vaccine is between 70 and 90 percent efficient after around 10 months of research and processing of data. From what I've read, and I have no other knowledge than that I believe this should put us on point for some kind of herd immunity.

The biggest barrier seems to stem from anti vaccine groups but there's also those that won't have the jab because they are terrified of taking a needle and will hide behind an ethical cause when in reality they are just shit scared.
Hopefully the government will embark on a public awareness campaign to allay any fears and expose any myths being perpetrated by the anti-vaxxers.

Well there's a surprise, the MSM will do anything to scare the people.
Your standard flu vaccine is only 40% effective. So it is great news that this vaccine is 62% effective with one dose, 70% with 2 doses and as high as 90% if a particular delivery regime is used.
It us also as cheap as chips and can be stored in a fridge compared with the other 2 vaccines that need a high tech freezer to keep them at a ridiculously low temperature
Crucially this is above the 68% (or so) herd immunity level for the SARS2 virus so it will work well. Note: Herd immunity for flu is around 38% so a vaccine that only delivers 40% immunity for flu works! The Oxford vaccine for SARS2 will work well.
GREAT NEWS.
Should we read anything into your reference re Chips? Soluble tracking devices or standard cuts of our favourite vegetable ?

Hopefully the government will embark on a public awareness campaign to allay any fears and expose any myths being perpetrated by the anti-vaxxers.
Think the media, especially the internet give a false impression of how big a problem it is. In my coffee shop I would say 95% of those taliking about vaccine can't wait to get it and will be in the queue as soon as they can, the one or two that won't though were very much more vocal about themselves not getting it with all the usual conspiracy rhetoric.

From what I read and hear, people who have worries over such a hurriedly developed and trialed vaccine, aren't anti vaxxers as such, but are concerned with any long term side effects, that whatever the government say to allay those fears, can only be proven with time itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.