Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t go in for him it’s absolutely unforgivable.
He ticks every single box.

The fact he even supports us and his Dad is an ex blue is the icing on the cake.

We should be speaking to his agent daily saying we want him and will match any offer from anyone else. Every day we should use the media like Madrid and Bayern do.

I can’t agree with that at all.

There wouldn’t be a better player in the world at helping unlocked at packed defence even now. He’s currently better than Silva was at his peak and is a better finisher than Aguero.
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love Messi. However if there was any chance we could sign a 20 year old striker who is scoring goals at a rate not seen before by someone so young who’s basically got the lot or a 34 year old Messi then it should be an absolute no brainer from a football point of view.

These chances that we aren’t creating like we were aren’t suddenly going to start dropping to Messi in a packed box. Truth is we are not creating anywhere near as much as we were and we lack a real presence in the box when teams are parking the bus. To not sign a top striker next summer and to rely on a 34 year old Messi who’s already been on the decline for the last 18 months would be frankly madness. He’d help create still of course but you’d want him picking the ball up wide and deeper and feeding a striker.

As for currently better than Silva at his peak then it depends what you go off! Stats wise yes but he’s not going to be able to dictate a game anymore in the way Silva could for a decade in the Premier league or graft like David either.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love Messi. However if there was any chance we could sign a 20 year old striker who is scoring goals at a rate not seen before by someone so young who’s basically got the lot or a 34 year old Messi then it should be an absolute no brainer from a football point of view.

These chances that we aren’t creating like we were aren’t suddenly going to start dropping to Messi in a packed box. Truth is we are not creating anywhere near as much as we were and we lack a real presence in the box when teams are parking the bus. To not sign a top striker next summer and to rely on a 34 year old Messi who’s already been on the decline for the last 18 months would be frankly madness. He’d help create still of course but you’d want him picking the ball up wide and deeper and feeding a striker.

As for currently better than Silva at his peak then it depends what you go off! Stats wise yes but he’s not going to be able to dictate a game anymore in the way Silva could for a decade in the Premier league or graft like David either.
Either would be incredibly welcome.......but thinking marathon rather than sprint,then Haaland would also be my preference.

If we don't make a move now,another top club will and we will miss out on a talent that could define us for the next 10 years,at least.

If we don’t go in for him it’s absolutely unforgivable.
He ticks every single box.

The fact he even supports us and his Dad is an ex blue is the icing on the cake.

We should be speaking to his agent daily saying we want him and will match any offer from anyone else. Every day we should use the media like Madrid and Bayern do.

Is this true? If so it should make a difference.

I personally have never seen him quoted as saying either he supports City or would like to play for us, I have seen talk of Real Madrid I think??

Is this true? If so it should make a difference.

I personally have never seen him quoted as saying either he supports City or would like to play for us, I have seen talk of Real Madrid I think??
Supports Leeds. He’s photographed wearing City gear as a teenager / young lad, but he’s on record as talking about supporting Leeds.

Supports Leeds. He’s photographed wearing City gear as a teenager / young lad, but he’s on record as talking about supporting Leeds.
Who he supported as a kid is irrelevant.

He will go to the club that has the following criteria, certain chance of winning titles, great pay packet, manager he respects, club his agent can come to an easy agreement with him and a country/area he is happy to settle in.

I see no reason why we don't fit into all those categories.

We desperately need a long term replacement for Kun and at this time this dude is the no1 in doing that.

This is a deal we should be breaking the bank for, and showing the world our intend to get back to the top of the ladder.

Who he supported as a kid is irrelevant.

He will go to the club that has the following criteria, certain chance of winning titles, great pay packet, manager he respects, club his agent can come to an easy agreement with him and a country/area he is happy to settle in.

I see no reason why we don't fit into all those categories.

We desperately need a long term replacement for Kun and at this time this dude is the no1 in doing that.

This is a deal we should be breaking the bank for, and showing the world our intend to get back to the top of the ladder.

Totally agree apart from calling the lad a fucking dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.