Burnley (H) | Pre-Match Thread

To save 30 pages...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our full backs are going to be the ones who will be vital in this game that's why I'd go with Mendy to keep our width make the pitch as big as possible, Cancelo on the right hand side who has more imagination in the final third than Walker. The last thing we want to be doing is playing our right back in a left back position. Burnley will do everything they can to try and get us to go through the middle. Hopefully we give their full backs a horrible day on Saturday.
Why go with Mendy when he’s been abysmal and is hopeless anyway? We’ve got stick with Walker and Cancelo with maybe Ake rotating in at times.

Last edited:
---------------------------Jesus-----------------------------------------------------Ferran--------------------------------

----------------Mendy-------------------------KdB------------------------Foden---------------------Cancelo-----------

----------------------------------------------------------------Rodri--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Laporte-----------------------Dias--------------------------------Walker------------------------

I expect he will play but I'd rest him and work on his fitness until he's ready to play at the intensity required - the standard the team showed last night. That physical work-rate is missing from his game at the moment.

Toure and David Silva always had the ability on the ball but they moved on when they could no longer press the ball or in the case of Toure make those trademark runs past defenders. KDB had that ability to burst through midfield with the ball at his feet or join in the forward play and that physical aspect has been missing this season. I doubt one game's rest is going to restore the dynamism to his game. Perhaps he is carrying an injury that we don't know about? That would explain a lot.

If people think he's just tired then I think they misunderstand the psyche of top players. They don't let their fitness go. I hope it's a simple as giving him some breaks where possible.

Why go with Mendy when he’s been abysmal and is hopeless anyway? We’ve got stick with Walker and Cancelo with maybe Ake rotating in at times.
Whether we like it or not Mendy offers something different when we get into the final third, He hasn't been great this season in the games he has played, But I think he should play Saturday to get down the sides of Burnley. If Cancelo plays left back a lot of our play will constantly go infield and will make it harder to break Burnley down. We've struggled big time to break sides down this season maybe time to try Mendy to open teams up.

Whether we like it or not Mendy offers something different when we get into the final third, He hasn't been great this season in the games he has played, But I think he should play Saturday to get down the sides of Burnley. If Cancelo plays left back a lot of our play will constantly go infield and will make it harder to break Burnley down. We've struggled big time to break sides down this season maybe time to try Mendy to open teams up.
I thought he played pretty well last night. Would be good to see him play two games on the bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.