COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dildo has just been interviewed by the Health Services Journal and refused to rule herself to be Chief Exec of NHS England. The post is filled but I wouldn’t rule out Dildo being rewarded for monumental failures.

I wouldn't mind Tier 3 or a lockdown for another week in London.

When you look at the comparative data, London outperforms the NW and has done for five months or so, even though population density is much higher down here. The differences are evidently more stark when you look at them on a proportionate basis.

The rise in cases in London are primarily in a handful of boroughs in East London. Cases are decreasing in most boroughs. Of course, things can change.

I am still waiting to hear for an example of how London have been treated more favourably than all other areas.

I do find it amusing that many of my fellow northerners think we are having a party down here. It's been shite for months. Even when restrictions were lifted to a degree, going to places like the pubs were joyless experiences.

As for fairness, the virus ripped through London whilst there was no lockdown. At least the North had a lockdown to help stem transmission while millions of people in London were travelling by tube and bus each day and night.
Sorry, wasn't suggesting that you in any way have it easy down there. It's obviously been incredibly tough for everyone. Just frustrating that we're going into Tier 3 when, as @Healdplace points out, our cases are falling, as are hospital numbers and those on ventilators. Feels like the government are more reticent to impose restrictions on the south, but that's probably just my inherent northern bias!

Sorry, wasn't suggesting that you in any way have it easy down there. It's obviously been incredibly tough for everyone. Just frustrating that we're going into Tier 3 when, as @Healdplace points out, our cases are falling, as are hospital numbers and those on ventilators. Feels like the government are more reticent to impose restrictions on the south, but that's probably just my inherent northern bias!
Cases are falling but Manchester and Trafford hospitals are delaying lots of procedures/operations for patients on waiting lists. https://mft.nhs.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/

My preference would be for Tier 2 e.g.because businesses have gone to great lengths to make their venues secure, but the Covid position in hospitals is still bleak atm.

Sturgeon trailed the Christmas arrangements in Scotland yesterday. The message was pretty clear. Don’t mix unless you absolutely have to And maintaining the current level structure should be the default. Only if you absolutely need to mix indoors with another family should you. Is that the messaging that is taking place in England, Wales or NI?

My impression was that if it had been left to her, we wouldn’t be relaxing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.