COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no shops open except supermarkets. I will agree families and couples are still using those when it's supposed to be one person. I see couples in the shop then both go out back to the car. Surely one can shop and one wait in the car?
Simply put people gave up on the rules weeks ago.

Just to add, I have noticed, from looking regularly at the 100 LAs with the highest n cases in 100,000, has included London councils on only one day. There was just two of the team are they were around 80th place. Camden is only 89 in 100,000.

From a purely selfish POV, I would rather London was in Tier 3 for a week or so longer.

I agree - I think London would benefit from another week. Numbers are falling, and will fall for another week,so bringing them further down before the Christmas period would make sense to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by the numbers - I'd have thought Havering would be appearing at the moment, and several other London ones?

So restaurants and pubs are deemed unsafe and shut but shops will be open in December .

does anyone want to volunteer to take boris the **** and Matt the prick to Primark in Manchester in December so he can see the lunacy of these decisions.

So restaurants and pubs are deemed unsafe and shut but shops will be open in December .

does anyone want to volunteer to take boris the **** and Matt the prick to Primark in Manchester in December so he can see the lunacy of these decisions.

Its not primark that’s the issue, it’s supermarkets according to recent data.

The only upside to this, in my thoughts anyway, is that if I'm taking all this in right then every bit of criticism seems to be about the way they have reported their results specifically the 90% efficacy and subsequently the 70% average figure. If the criticisms are deemed fair, and they get made to run with the lower 63% then this is still good news and its just their claim of 90%/70% which is in dispute. But if the entire process as a whole is brought into question then it complicates matters somewhat more.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The results look good.

The endpoint will have been agreed in advance with the regulatory agency (always is for phase 3 trials, not just this one)

Their lawyers and regulatory experts would not have allowed them to make a misleading press release - its illegal under financial law.

There's lots of detail unclear from the press release. This isn't unusual for a phase 3 trial. The trial is complex because it covers multiple countries. Again, not at all unusual.

It's always possible that something surprising and negative will emerge, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Could this not also be seen to effect the league/cups if certain teams have a home support advantage ?
Absolutely. For me it's everyone allowed to have fans in or no one. Top clubs will get no revenue from having 2000 supporter's in but the lower end will. Costs more to open up a big ground and staff then leave it empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.