COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The results look good.

The endpoint will have been agreed in advance with the regulatory agency (always is for phase 3 trials, not just this one)

Their lawyers and regulatory experts would not have allowed them to make a misleading press release - its illegal under financial law.

There's lots of detail unclear from the press release. This isn't unusual for a phase 3 trial. The trial is complex because it covers multiple countries. Again, not at all unusual.

It's always possible that something surprising and negative will emerge, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Thank you. Good to know this stuff.

How are infections in Manchester still high given we've been in lockdown? Nowhere is open apart from Supermarkets, hospitals and garden centres. Are people just flouting the rules by visiting each others homes?
Schools, colleges, universities and public transport have all been open and operating. The amount of people not satiating their hands or baskets/trolleys nor wearing masks nor social distancing in supermarkets is ridiculous.

And loads of people have been ignoring the no household visiting. And I do mean loads.

At this very moment, two houses that I can see from my first floor kitchen while I’ve been making some dinner have had visitors. That’s two just on my street in the last ten minutes. Could you just imagine how many it would be across the entire conurbation?

I don't think this has much to do with people giving up on the rules and more to do with politicians giving up on the people unless they do what they are told.

People in GM and Liverpool have not behaved differently, The protest marches all over London show they have not had compliance either. There is a general disenchantment with the rules and creating multiple tiers and dividing the nation is going to make that worse not better. But it shifts the blame onto the people in the 'not me guv' way all politicians adopt by second nature. They know a reckoning is coming next year when this is all over.

Cases have plummeted across the NW in past weeks. I know most of you do not read my reports every evening but if you just go back and glance at the GM tables with them every evening around 4/5/6 pm and the updates daily on places like Liverpool you will see.

Liverpool had been in their wave less time when the government acted. They were for a brief period MUCH worse than Greater Manchester. So it fell naturally after that peak. GM had been under restrictions since late July so plateaued and was not rising but not really falling.

The student numbers had a much bigger effect on GM than anywhere in the UK. The redistribution of cases when some genius belatedly figured out after many weeks that students lived where they were staying at university not hundreds of miles away where their parents did had by far the biggest impact in GM adding 4000 cases - mostly to Manchester. More than every other university city and a lot more than Liverpool.

We only got out of the impact of that artificially kicking up numbers this week.

It will be interesting to see if the different rules push Merseyside up and GM keeps falling.

That is perfectly possible. If that happens Merseyside might be in tier 3 and GM in tier 2 in a few weeks.

Multiple factors explain where we are and Liverpool is slightly below where GM is right now. But not by much. And I doubt it had anything to do with complying with the rules better and getting the doggy treat of mass testing.

But it certainly benefits both the government and Merseyside to suggest that.

There are no shops open except supermarkets. I will agree families and couples are still using those when it's supposed to be one person. I see couples in the shop then both go out back to the car. Surely one can shop and one wait in the car?
Why don’t the lazy bastards shop on line!

How are infections in Manchester still high given we've been in lockdown? Nowhere is open apart from Supermarkets, hospitals and garden centres. Are people just flouting the rules by visiting each others homes?

Maybe just be more people going for tests perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.