Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
One simple look a Aguero's physique now compared to 10 years since and you will see his problem. He is a least 20lbs heavier and therefore is slower and his joints are under more stress. Anyone who believes he can get anywhere near the player he was 5 years since is deluded. Time and tide waits for nobody but our club's problem is they've been ridiculously slow in foreseeing his decline when almost any independent football watcher could see the problem coming. In short, we've been very slow to react to most squad upgrades of late and subsequently we've panicked into buying players who are just not good enough.

One simple look a Aguero's physique now compared to 10 years since and you will see his problem. He is a least 20lbs heavier and therefore is slower and his joints are under more stress. Anyone who believes he can get anywhere near the player he was 5 years since is deluded. Time and tide waits for nobody but our club's problem is they've been ridiculously slow in foreseeing his decline when almost any independent football watcher could see the problem coming. In short, we've been very slow to react to most squad upgrades of late and subsequently we've panicked into buying players who are just not good enough.
People are unfortunately deluded if they think we’ll ever see peak Aguero again. I bet of the games he plays this season, 90% will be regaining sharpness which we all know takes him 6-10 games, and 10% fully firing which may be something like 6 games. Possibly less. Great. Its staggering that it has come to this without the situation being addressed.

Pep on Aguero's contract: "He's going to give us a decision. He's still not in his best condition. His injury was long. He needs to be so sharp, the quality to score - we don't have doubts but he needs time, training sessions and the minutes he will have

Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero: "I was lucky to play as a manager with incredible players. He was one of these for sure. But as a human being, I've never found a big star to be like him

Pep on Aguero's contract: "He's going to give us a decision. He's still not in his best condition. His injury was long. He needs to be so sharp, the quality to score - we don't have doubts but he needs time, training sessions and the minutes he will have

Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero: "I was lucky to play as a manager with incredible players. He was one of these for sure. But as a human being, I've never found a big star to be like him

Nice endorsement from Pep

We should NOT sign Aguero to a new deal. This is how great teams die. You have to know when to let the greats go.

On great after great we have failed on that count. The only great that left at the right time was Joe Hart... And that was more happenstance than good decision making.

Silva, a year too late
Yaya, 2 years to late
Dihno, 1 years too late already
Aguero, he is 1 year too late already

And on and on... This needs to stop or are slow decline would be painful.

And while we are on the topic of aging players, time to dead all the Messi talk too. We need youth, vigor and energy. Not fading greatness.

Rant over

We should NOT sign Aguero to a new deal. This is how great teams die. You have to know when to let the greats go.

On great after great we have failed on that count. The only great that left at the right time was Joe Hart... And that was more happenstance than good decision making.

Silva, a year too late
Yaya, 2 years to late
Dihno, 1 years too late already
Aguero, he is 1 year too late already

And on and on... This needs to stop or are slow decline would be painful.

And while we are on the topic of aging players, time to dead all the Messi talk too. We need youth, vigor and energy. Not fading greatness.

Rant over
Dreary me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.