COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
England hospital data again good news.

Yes, it is weekend and they do tend to be lower. And may rise early next week as weekend admissions are often late.

But Scotland has been falling all week.

As has England for a few days now and in past 24 hours numbers down from:- 12. 845 by 554 to 12, 291 It was nearly 1000 more than that last weekend (13. 214).

Ventilators too down from 1242 to 1204 - this was 1248 last weekend so a fall of 44 across the week.

This is the 5th straight daily fall in patient numbers and the 4th in ventilators.

which suggests this is more than just falls because patients are dying. Though that is always a factor in the ups and downs it tends to self correct over a few days.

Regional hospital data also very good news and t5he NW yet again is the best in terms of big falls.

It has to be very hard to justify on cases or hospital numbers now singling out the NW. As since they announced the plans both have tumbled.

This is the trouble with announcing plans a week or more before you bring them in. Using week old data partly too.

By the time they are introduced you not only might find this happening to underline your entire strategy as the trend was obvious before they announced so it is not a shock.

But they also miss the political opportunity of using the fall to claim how clever your strategy proved as it happened as soon as you applied the measures.

That's the problem in a nutshell, if this pandemic is a national emergency then it needed to be tackled with swift decisive action, not pandering to backbench MPs or voters. If Johnson keeps changing his mind we'll be in this mess for all of 2021 as well.
Sadly the economic shit storm that will follow will be what wins or loses the next election. Tory back benchers are well aware of this. I'm not sure the rest of the country is yet. They will be when there are 3m unemployed, and there will be.

England hospital data again good news.

Yes, it is weekend and they do tend to be lower. And may rise early next week as weekend admissions are often late.

But Scotland has been falling all week.

As has England for a few days now and in past 24 hours numbers down from:- 12. 845 by 554 to 12, 291 It was nearly 1000 more than that last weekend (13. 214).

Ventilators too down from 1242 to 1204 - this was 1248 last weekend so a fall of 44 across the week.

This is the 5th straight daily fall in patient numbers and the 4th in ventilators.

which suggests this is more than just falls because patients are dying. Though that is always a factor in the ups and downs it tends to self correct over a few days.
Well, sadly, patients are dying but patients are also recovering and the good news is they are not being replaced in the charnel houses (AKA hospital wards)

Last edited:
Good to see Sky do but the BBC certainly do not when they go up. It is usually - the highest since....

Which I do not quibble over. I do that in the reports here when necessary. But also flag up the lowest since counterpoint.

My point is only that falls and good news should be flagged up as often as the negative. But often it is not.

In this pandemic people need honesty and truth all the way. But also positive spin when that is valid.

Just in my opinion obviously.
The BBC have been very negative since the start. Agree 100%.

Good to see Sky do but the BBC certainly do not when they go up. It is usually - the highest since....

Which I do not quibble over. I do that in the reports here when necessary. But also flag up the lowest since counterpoint.

My point is only that falls and good news should be flagged up as often as the negative. But often it is not.

In this pandemic people need honesty and truth all the way. But also positive spin when that is valid.

Just in my opinion obviously.
No - you're spot on. Good news is not reported by the MSM scum. Only bad.

Patients /// Ventilators

LONDON 1516 DOWN to 1480 (was 1469 last wk) /// 267 DOWN to 248 (was 251 last wk)

MIDLANDS 2955 DOWN to 2830 (was 3044 last wk) /// 304 DOWN to 291 (was 288 last wk)

NE & YORKS 2831 DOWN to 2757 (was 3072 last wk) /// 207 UP to 211 (was 239 las wk)

And NORTH WEST:-

Patients DOWN 195 in a day - biggest fall in a while from 2485 to 2290 - last wk total was 2694 - so as you see the biggest week to week fall in the UK.

Ventilators DOWN 12 in a day to 191 - last wk it was 228.

So as you see NW is still well below the other 3 regions in both patient numbers and ventilated patients after a month ago being well ahead in both measures.

The last time there were this few patients in NW hospitals with Covid or on ventilators is respectively 23/24 October - over a month ago.

This is a real fall as that date has been retreating daily. In the same way I was reporting it doing versus dates in the first wave when these numbers were heading back into the high levels of early April and the peak of wave 1.

I will soon have to start posting those dates going forwards as they already are starting to do. Late April now as they match the falling of wave 1 numbers.

Last edited:
Regional scoreboard:

NW fares less well comparatively - though still the fourth straight daily fall and below London.

Also the lowest total in the NW for two and a half months.

LONDON 1639 - down from 2260

NORTH EAST 752 - down from 805.

WEST MIDLANDS 1169 - down from 1677.

YORKSHIRE 1181 - down from 1663.

And NORTH WEST

1346 - down from 1669 - biggest day to day drop of the week. But as you see less of a drop than West Midlands and Yorkshire had. Nor London.

However, fantastic news from Greater Manchester. This was its best day for pushing three months and GM did the best out of the North West today,

Indeed I had to triple check the numbers they were so low.

GM total was just 600 today.

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today:- 1541 v 1499 v 1039 v 600 today.

No way the government can spin that any way but positive.

I went back into mid September and could not find a lower one.

That is just 45% of the NW total today. Lowest ratio in a week or two.

GM highlights - NINE boroughs sub 100. And Manchester its lowest score since September.

Rather oddly the only place that went UP today was Trafford (don't panic if you live there - it was by 3!)

And the lowest numbers today (again admittedly by just 1) came from somewhere that exactly 3 weeks ago was in real trouble - like much of GM - and scored EIGHT times as many cases that day as it did today.

See if you can guess who. If you have been following my nightly posts you will be able to make a good stab at this.

Will post the full scores shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.