COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
England hospital deaths other details:

Aside from the 19 NW (same as last wk but out of 5 more cases) other regions were NE & Yorks 57 (was 59) and Midlands 55 (was 44).

Ages of the 183 deaths 40 - 59 (6) 60 - 79 (74) 80 + (103)

Andy Burnham prefers all of GM out of tier 3 but wants Trafford, Tameside and Stockport out of tier 3 because of the figures.

What about Salford? Their numbers are not different from these 3 now.

I hope that this is not what happens. We should not repeat the same mistakes.
It does feel strange that I’m T2 but if I walk a mile it’s T3 which unfortunately is where my daughter lives.

It does feel strange that I’m T2 but if I walk a mile it’s T3 which unfortunately is where my daughter lives.

Which unfortunately is the problem and why national lockdowns work and regional ones - especially with easy to access gaps - less so because there are so many reasons - some valid some not - that tempt violations that are clearer and seem fairer so get broken less often if all areas have the same rules.

Which unfortunately is the problem and why national lockdowns work and regional ones - especially with easy to access gaps - less so because there are so many reasons - some valid some not - that tempt violations that are clearer and seem fairer so get broken less often if all areas have the same rules.

Andy Burnham was against regional lockdowns a few months ago. Surprised to read he is now pushing for some parts of GM to move to lower tiers.

England hospital deaths by date:

29 Nov adds 27 = 27 after 1 day (Last wk was 39)

28 Nov adds 104 = 144 after 2 days (Last wk was 84 = 104)

27 Nov adds 26 = 189 after 3 days (Last wk was 33 = 202)

26 Nov adds 8 = 244 after 4 days (Last wk was 10 = 252)

25 Nov adds 9 = 292 after 5 days (Last wk was 3 = 305) Another post 300 total seems to be building here sadly. But the add ons here are generally down.

Biggest other add ons (with odd one back to 5 Nov) are 3 added to 22 Nov to total 306.

None were added to the other two days currently over 300 deaths. With 18 Nov still the peak at 315.

Andy Burnham was against regional lockdowns a few months ago. Surprised to read he is now pushing for some parts of GM to move to lower tiers.
He did actually say in his interview on the BBC just now that he prefers all of GM in tier 2 together but will fight for those three lowest scoring regions to be excluded if that is not possible.

Not sure why he has excluded Salford given that they have clearly fallen the second most in the past week or so.

Pop score in Salford down in week from 261 - 164 (97) v Tameside 256 - 158 (98) , Stockport 221 - 150 (71) and Trafford 173 - 122 (51). Very little difference there between Tameside and Salford.

Last edited:
Total deaths in UK without out of hospital England to be added is today 199

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today: 186 v 212 v 190 v 199 today - which looks very much like a plateau.

Total cases today without England (with the warning about testing issues to be remembered today).

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today: 2314 v 1940 v 2121 v 1461 today (plus whatever it really is in Scotland and/or elsewhere added)

The motto was supposed to be 'we are all in this together' - not 'the places someone picks out on a map are but the rest of you are not'. In a pandemic you ought to prioritise national unity not disunity.

They really should have created a war cabinet from day one and decided these things on the basis that viruses will never know they have crossed a border - be it from GM to Cheshire or England to Scotland or Wales.

Very possibly N Ireland and Ireland should have done the same on that island too.

I suspect the rest of the world think prioritising political disunity over a plan for these small islands as one was a very silly error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.