COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 weeks after the second dose
If that is true we have no chance of actual normality this side of mid Summer. As it will be at least April at best estimates before we get to the point of protecting all the vulnerable by vaccination without the month between doses and another 6 weeks. Still that is better than it might have been and who knows they might actually not mess up the vaccination programme like most of us by now probably expect them to do based on past experience.

Apparently confirmed that pubs and restaurants, cinemas and sporting venues will be allowed to stop those who refused to have a vaccine from entering - it has been said by the minister in charge.

Better than enforcement. A carrot not a stick.

But near guarantee of fake vaccination certificates becoming the latest scam.

Hope they define a better method than a piece of paper.

Presumably you will need ID to access and be on a computerised list

But someone will find a way to hack that for money too.

If that is true we have no chance of actual normality this side of mid Summer. As it will be at least April at best estimates before we get to the point of protecting all the vulnerable by vaccination without the month between doses and another 6 weeks. Still that is better than it might have been and who knows they might actually not mess up the vaccination programme like most of us by now probably expect them to do based on past experience.
What can go wrong with Nadhim in charge?
Really should haven given the gig to Dido.

The motto was supposed to be 'we are all in this together' - not 'the places someone picks out on a map are but the rest of you are not'. In a pandemic you ought to prioritise national unity not disunity.

I'd prefer it if there was a more honest recognition by those who propose, advocate, and support severe lockdowns that such measures are simply a means of re-distributing the burden from wealthier or older people down to poorer or younger people.

Only 3 of the 183 England hospital deaths today had no known underlying conditions. They were aged between 84 and 93.

I'd prefer it if there was a more honest recognition by those who propose, advocate, and support severe lockdowns that such measures are simply a means of re-distributing the burden from wealthier or older people down to poorer or younger people.
Severe lockdowns are unavoidable in a pandemic as infectious as this until we get on top of it as hopefully we will soon.

It is utterly apolitical or connected with wealth. And all to do with saving lives by reducing spread in the way that works best.

Plus it is a false economy to have local lockdowns that are less effective as inevitably national ones have to follow and usually for longer spells than would have been needed if the nationwide one had been agreed early.

If we do not have a national lockdown up to Christmas it is all but inevitable one will follow in January and may well have to be longer than two or three weeks. Quite probably up to March.

I am glad I do not have to make these balanced judgements of lives v livelihoods. They are far from easy.

It’s usually about 2 weeks for vaccines to take effect, maybe this vaccine is different I haven’t seen any estimate for the covid ones myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.