How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking the same thing early on maybe low 80s. but i now feel that manchester city mean business again and liverpool and chelsea have to keep up so points will be adding up

city can win 15 to 20 games on the bounce and so can liverpool so am changing my mind and going for 90 points

i was thinking the same thing early on maybe low 80s. but i now feel that manchester city mean business again and liverpool and chelsea have to keep up so points will be adding up

city can win 15 to 20 games on the bounce and so can liverpool so am changing my mind and going for 90 points
Not so sure this team can churn out 15-20 wins on the trot, in fact I'm pretty sure they won't. The question really is - points to win the league and will we get them. Mid to high 80's and really haven't got a clue. Hopefully the early season malaise has gone.

We are back because we beat an awful Burnley team 5-0? I would wait and see how we fare against other "top" teams before declaring that we are back to our best.

Would be great to be in a winning position near the end of the season and be allowed back to the Etihad to cheer the lads across the finishing line!

I said this to my my mates after the Spurs defeat - the last few seasons have skewed the reality of what it normally takes to win the Premier League, I think just as important as focusing on a points tally is putting together a winning run. It strengthens our mentality and the momentum will make the others choke in games where they should win. We saw that last year with City due to Liverpool's winning run and during the 100 points season our momentum broke United. Both of these seasons had 18 wins on the spin, which for me is not achievable in this current climate.

I know this probably sounds ridiculous only a week after losing to Spurs but I genuinely think that if we could win our next 8 games on the spin then we'd win the title. For that matter, if Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool or Spurs were to win their next 8 games I think that would do it. I think our points tally last season would probably be enough to win the league this season.
Thats why i said we have to win at least few games back to back. I am expecting city break the record of 18 consequetive game win. But 10 will do for me now.

86 was a standard winning point for many years. But last few years had sky rocketed the standards. i think it will be brought down this season.

We are back because we beat an awful Burnley team 5-0? I would wait and see how we fare against other "top" teams before declaring that we are back to our best.

the reason why i feel city are back is we have a better looking squad and little key injuries
am not basing it after the burnley game for from it. burnley was shocking and rolled over to easy

but we have looked ok without much luck in front of goal ? also KDB needed a rest and recharge and city and pep did that in the champions league so that says we are looking for the title again this season

Not so sure this team can churn out 15-20 wins on the trot, in fact I'm pretty sure they won't. The question really is - points to win the league and will we get them. Mid to high 80's and really haven't got a clue. Hopefully the early season malaise has gone.

that is key maybe we have had our bad run and turned a corner. this city team and squad are good enough to put down a good run of games. the defence looks sorted and we have very good cover. then we must add phil foden to a starting place and he alone brings that bit of special stuff that lift everybody

my fear was not the goals not coming like they have been ? but the middle of the park tempo and city keeping the ball for to long without going forward. losing david silva was BIG he was the key to tempo and finding that pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.