No-Kill Meat to go on Sale...

Would You Eat Lab Grown Meat as a Primary Food Source?

• Yes

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes absolutely, would be a huge positive thing for everyone if we can do this. I love meat, I eat some every week, but trying to reduce the amount (just not sustainable).

The land can be used to grow crops (10x more efficient) and/or be reforested.

Some jobs will go, some will be created.

Sounds gross but probably much less gross than meat we get the usual way. Will be much better for the environment and doesn't rely on pumping animals living in inhumane conditions with antibiotics. Maybe people who have grown up eating meat might not want to wrap their head around it, but for a transitional generation, those growing up with it being the norm, it will become the obvious choice.

People consuming factory farmed meat on the scale they are isn't sustainable any longer. A lot of public health crises can be traced back to bad meat production/farming practices and growing resistance to antibiotics can only get worse.

Nearly all of my cooking is vegan now and I've become less reliant on meat substitutes as my cooking repertoire has improved. I wouldn't rule trying something this out though.
Was about to post something similar but you've saved me the trouble.
This global shutdown and potential new viruses means us humans will have to seriously review many of our practices.
I'd be game for this.

I’d give it a go.

Could be the future of farming if it tastes as good (or better).

Have they been able to synthesise shellfish yet?
I love mussels.

Apparently mussels are one of the most ethically/environmentally sound animal foods you can eat. They're really nutritious and they can be grown on ropes under the water in a really efficient way. Obviously no good if you fundamentally disagree with eating a living creature but it's a very sustainable food source. I like them but unfortunately I like them in a tonne of creamy white wine sauce I've pretty much knocked dairy on the head now.

Reading through the comments I realise that the lab-grown meat' discussion bypasses the whole farming aspect of livelihood. Of course, there's be the individual farmers affected, but the whole industry would change too. What about all those jobs involved over time?

Surely there would be culling that would naturally be introduced as a forced option?

Or farm animal products would become a 'delicacy'/ 'high end' food on the market!

All the methane disappearing from cows would be good for the environment wouldn't it?

Reading through the comments I realise that the lab-grown meat' discussion bypasses the whole farming aspect of livelihood. Of course, there's be the individual farmers affected, but the whole industry would change too. What about all those jobs involved over time?

Surely there would be culling that would naturally be introduced as a forced option?

Or farm animal products would become a 'delicacy'/ 'high end' food on the market!
I wonder if farmers could get qualifications in growing and thus farming these things so that they can sustain their livelihoods?

Farmers/farming has taken many tangents over the years, just to keep up with trends or to survive themselves.

Surely this technology could be put to better use by growing fannies, massive tits and huge cocks for general sale? I'd take a couple of each.
Errr these growing fannies, exactly how big do they grow? I am wondering if they can be used as a warm refuge for the homeless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.