Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Awful game, awful competition, awful ref, awful diving, awful opposition. Yep, just what you expect from the CL.

I bet the sponsors were delighted to have their brands associated with this 0-0 classic.

It is by far the worst competition I've ever watched. Very few surprises and overly cautious teams.

Give me the FA Cup, League Cup and PL any day of the week.

For the top teams, the CL really starts only in February.

Why are Porto trying to force a rivalry ?
Porto are a huge team in Portugal with a long history of success. They've played City twice lately and been made to look like garbage each time. The more they make us look like the bad guys the less people focus on just how shit they were.

And we're really easy to make look like bad guys; English, nouveau riche, 4 former Benfica players, and the fact that the entire European media already paints us like Disney villains at every opportunity.

Porto fans aren't going to be aggrieved that they (luckily) drew at home and were completely outplayed by a near 2nd string City side. They're going to feel amazing about costing the evil City a win and even more maddeningly feel like they were robbed by the ref too. Mission success. You can see where Mourinho learnt his trade.

Plus there's the bad blood on their end from 2012 when we made mugs of them. Their petty response to being charged with racism and losing home and then embarrassingly away included threatening to complain to UEFA over the Hulk 'You're not incredible' chants on the grounds of being unsporting, after they'd spent 2 legs rewriting the book on unsporting both on and off the pitch.

Porto are a huge team in Portugal with a long history of success. They've played City twice lately and been made to look like garbage each time. The more they make us look like the bad guys the less people focus on just how shit they were.

And we're really easy to make look like bad guys; English, nouveau riche, 4 former Benfica players, and the fact that the entire European media already paints us like Disney villains at every opportunity.

Porto fans aren't going to be aggrieved that they (luckily) drew at home and were completely outplayed by a near 2nd string City side. They're going to feel amazing about costing the evil City a win and even more maddeningly feel like they were robbed by the ref too. Mission success. You can see where Mourinho learnt his trade.

Plus there's the bad blood on their end from 2012 when we made mugs of them. Their petty response to being charged with racism and losing home and then embarrassingly away included threatening to complain to UEFA over the Hulk 'You're not incredible' chants on the grounds of being unsporting, after they'd spent 2 legs rewriting the book on unsporting both on and off the pitch.

I remember that home game against Porto. Yaya scored in the very first minutes, and then we just sat back and countered at will. Mancini masterclass.

Edit: As some have rightly pointed out, Aguero scored, Yaya provided the assist.

Last edited:
True, but didn't they all, and mendy is the expert at that. a few from Bernardo as well last night. Very frustrating.
Get in one-trick pony Beckham as one trick coach. "How to cross the ball", lesson one.

Has anyone wondered why they lean back and sky the ball over the bar when shooting but can't get the ball in the air when crossing?

I remember that home game against Porto. Yaya scored in the very first minutes, and then we just sat back and countered at will. Mancini masterclass.
Weren’t it Sergio.. after about 12 seconds ?

my eldest city fanatics lads first game. He’s not had it bad !!!

There were loads of AJAX fans there too if I recall correctly? They were playing the rags the next day or something and they bought loads of the spare tickets floating about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.