United (A) Post Match Thread

Mahrez is lazy imo. A guy like Torres is direct. Or Bernardo. Mahrez has unbelievable skill.

The problem at the moment is that KDB is at 80%. His passing is there but it's eye of the needle stuff. He's not carrying the ball at his feet as well as he used to. He used to create and score more, and his drop off is not down to dip in forwards around him. It's his game. Sterling, Mahrez, KDB all struggled yesterday. In part that is because Pep decided to put a 2nd defensive player in midfield.

Mahrez doesn't merit a place in the team as he delivers so little on a regular basis, and yet keeps being selected .

Unbelievable skill without effort or application produces the grand total of fuck all and total frustration.

Torres would have at the very least been honest in his efforts.

Can you tell me what all this happy clapper bollox is that people on here spout about? Is a happy clapper someone who supports and sticks up for the team through thick and thin? And someone whole isn't a terrace and keyboard warrior who picks on the latest victim/player out of form? Or someone who doesn't demand for the most successful manager in the clubs history to be sacked because we're not scoring 3/4/5 a game? Or someone who tries to analyse the game instead of throwing their toys out of the pram every time they loose their dummy? Genuine question. Asking for a friend :)

happy clapper
a happy clapper is a seriously religious person, most often used in connection with reference to a re-born or new-born christian but also his beloved football team which cannot be blasphemed against. His god is named Pep Guardiola and religion is Manchester City

can also be used as a describtion of someone naive or easy to please.

See also window licker, sky blue duvet,York away,bigblueitis

There you go just googled it for you, lazy sod:-)

I for one am not overly concerned, a point at the swamp is something quite a few would take before kick off. We are starting to see what not conceding looks like now, and many of us don't like it.

I must admit I don't enjoy city so much this season but this is a very pragmatic approach. With a goalscorer we're in with a shout for the title, but that remains a question mark, a quarter into the season, we need to get this sorted very quickly and it appears we're relying on aguero to come good. A striker or proven goalscorer is going to be very very high on the agenda next summer methinks....

The game was really quite shit. Sterling was heavily marked and credit to wan bissaka for marshalling him, I thought he put in a good performance for them. Mahrez wasn't at it and de bruyne looks frustrated. Nice to see Stones playing genuinely well.

Edit; remember one last thing - we were pretty poor by our standards, that was one of their best displays of 2020.

Last edited:
I think we might be playing in the Europa league for the first time in a while next season. We can't even use injuries as an excuse anymore. A point is pretty much the most i expect whenever we face Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs or the rags nowdays. It's completely bizarre what this side has become.

Looks like we are now playing defensively in every big game. Going for it, we would have probably won 2-4. Yes the press could say we cant defend, but who cares as long as you win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.