United (A) Post Match Thread

I don't get the Foden will replace Dave thing. Whenever I see Foden play he seems a very different style of player. Much more athletic but not as comfortable on the ball. When Foden does move into centre mid I think he'll be a more box to box player. Same as Bernardo, who is also not a replacement for Dave. Closest we've got for that is Rodri.

Agree more of a KDB player for me.

I think Pep summed it up , a boring game. Let's face it, we dropped 2 points. Pleasing to see Micah Richards make Keane and Neville squirm in post match chat. Would have posted that on the Micah thread but apparently i'm restricted on that one. Quite interesting what the 'thought police' admin team don't like . Always a guessing game , better than the football

I don't get the Foden will replace Dave thing. Whenever I see Foden play he seems a very different style of player. Much more athletic but not as comfortable on the ball. When Foden does move into centre mid I think he'll be a more box to box player. Same as Bernardo, who is also not a replacement for Dave. Closest we've got for that is Rodri.
You have a point on Foden. He is more like a combination of Kev and Dave. Which is a great place to be. If we can find a midfielder with similar traits to silva we will be set. Trouble being that is not an easy task.

But Bernardo was supposed to be his replacement, and in his first season looked like it.
He was easy on the ball, and good in front of goal. He even stated at the time that Dave was his hero and he styled his play on his.
Then the Mendy thing happened and it all changed.
It could just be coincidence, or even Pep is telling him to play different. Who knows?

Table since Dias's arrival (last 9 games):

Spurs 21 pts
Chelsea 18 pts
Manure 17 pts
City 16 pts (GD +7)
Liverpool 16 pts (GD +6)

Liverpool are 5th based on their form over the last 9 weeks. Klopp is done! :)

Given that we played in 4-5 of those 9 games without a proper striker (both Kun and Jesus injured out or not really fit), we haven't done that bad.

Would it be too bold to suggest that Liverpool may miss out on top 4? Manure are a bit underrated, they have done better than Liverpool over the last 9 games.

You have a point on Foden. He is more like a combination of Kev and Dave. Which is a great place to be. If we can find a midfielder with similar traits to silva we will be set. Trouble being that is not an easy task.
David is one in a million - far and away the best player in the Prem during his decade with us - more consistent than Hazard. All those perfectly weighted passes on the half turn for Raheem to run onto - forced Raheem to use all his natural attributes. Phil is an elite player pace, ultra skill, tenacious, confident, scores goals, goes by defenders like they're not there. Going to be among the best on the planet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.