United (A) Post Match Thread

Horrific performance. I mean, that was as bad as I've seen us play in a long long time. Yes paying dinho and rodri was a terrible idea, and yes, leaving Phil and Bernardo on the bench was a terrible waste, but the players who were picked (bar a couple of defenders) were, by and large, woeful. There's no sparkling the turd in shiny things like "a point at OT is a good point". It was awful. Who's to blame? Everyone involved. Close the thread and forget it ever happened.
Haha another drama queen. Horrific, awful, terrible, woeful ? I would hate to see what you said if they caught us on the break like they’ve done in the past and walked away with 3 points.

Last edited:
Went as expected, just didn't concede the expected counter attack goal (the only moment where I'm grateful for VAR saving Walker giving away that pen).

We have become as stale to watch as Pellegrini's last season.

I still think you’re looking in the wrong place for our current problems, here’s what I think is contributing to it
Mahrez - flat track bully, one trick pony
Sterling - inconsistent (but starting to be consistently poor) with a terrible finishing rate especially in a one on one
Rhodri - too slow and his first thought is sideward or backwards
Ederson - shots to save ratio is poor and his distribution wasn’t great yesterday either
Pep - refusing to make subs when whatever he’s planned isn’t working and his not giving Foden enough PL game time
You may agree or disagree with this but I certainly think what I’ve put above is more of an issue than KDB not playing at his highest level
I agree to an extent with all those points. The thing is those players with maybe the exception of Sterling were like that last season too. Our offensive game has dipped and an aspect of that is down to the unmentionable.

It's not all negative. The defence is very much stronger than last season. Perhaps a contributory factor in this problem is the amount of football and lack of rest and that affects all sides.

If you look across Europe I've seen some terrible performances this season from Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona and Liverpool. Chelsea could not even make an impression at Everton. It's unrealistic to expect City to be invincible ad we were. I just ask that City fans look honestly at their team and accept that some players have dipped from the stellar level they were at.

They will be getting that arse kicking in the dressing room and at the match reviews, he doesn’t need to slate his players in public giving the already biased press more ammo and lower trust and confidence levels..

City will be in the mix when it matters and there is no team better than us when it comes to the Sleeves rolled up part of a season, we’ve proved that time and time again ..
Except now there's no Kompany to roll those collective sleves up.

I think the problem we have got is we conjest the middle of the pitch
Mahrez cutting in sterling cutting in no room for the likes of kdb and foden to operate to the best of there abilities
We know sterling can play that right side when he was in tandem with sane but mahrez cannot play on the left side as a left footer, don't know why
Silva wide left and sterling wide right for me and stretch the other side more room then for kdb or foden
And I think them crosses from somewhere near the byline either side will benefit Jesus instead of them in swinging crosses that just drift out

Went as expected, just didn't concede the expected counter attack goal (the only moment where I'm grateful for VAR saving Walker giving away that pen).

We have become as stale to watch as Pellegrini's last season.
Not quite. That side would have been beaten at Man Utd and shipped goals right left and centre. This side is as strong defensively as we have known.

The cheating twat went down in instalments like Willem Dafoe in Platoon. There was minimal contact and he writhed around as if he'd taken a bullet in his guts. Not a shining example of a role model for all the kids he's helped save from going hungry.
That is a great comparison with a great scene in a great film. I would recommend anyone who hasn’t seen it to do so. If the pen had been given the game would have sprung to life but I am not sure the result would have any better for us.

It is so unusual in this country to get so many clean sheets playing the way we do, once we get our shooting boots sorted we will be getting 6 straight victories with 6 clean sheets.
Did we create many chances at Utd? Maybe two good chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.