COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people are sticking to the 3 households mixing max, are they really going to spend 5 days with the same people unless they’ve travelled to stay? We are seeing my stepson on Xmas day and meeting my brother in law for a walk on Boxing Day. But I don’t want to see the same people again.

Well you can’t really enforce “you can go round to your parents house if you don’t go to the shop”.

No one is going to do that.
You can’t enforce anything relating to households.

it’s frankly ridiculous that Manchester has had 4 weeks’ out of 9 months where you can mix with one or more other household. I personally don’t see how that would be such a problem. You can mix at work but not at home. It’s too long and too strict.

You are not allowed to suggest schools shut on here or say it is a problem, you wont get jumped on though , just me
Well the good news is all schools are getting mass testing on return from the Christmas Hols. Twice weekly I believe. All they need to do is extend the holiday by 10 days and jobs a good-un

I like a lot of what you post about what we should be all doing but on this particular issue I believe you are wrong.
The ONS data says that there is 30% of cases in schools, COLLEGES and UNIVERSITIES.
There is a world of difference between a 6 year old and how they behave in school and with who they interact out of school and an 18 year old randy student, away from home for the first time.
My wife is on the governing body of our local primary and they have had few cases. The headteacher and staff have been fantastic throughout.
My daughter teaches at a tough secondary school in a very deprived area and has had 40 cases in total.
Schools should be open. Universities should have had distant learning only and the greedy cunts running the halls of residence should have been told to do one.
Whilst I agree with you a lot - the problem is high schools and higher education. Young kids don't have suffiicient breath to pass the virus on much at any range above 2 feet. So they catch it, barely get ill and don't really pass it on much.
The sme cannot be said for older children and young adults.
Anyway they're all getting rapid testing twice a week from when the new year term starts.
I think we can both agree that is a good thing.

GM Scoreboard:

Cases 625 39,6% of NW total 1576.

3 wks v 2 wks v 1 wk v TODAY: - 721 v 731v 493 v 625 TODAY Looks like a olateau.

Pop Score is cases across whole pandemic v 100,000 people - rises daily but lower the better.

Weekly Pop is same measure across last 7 days only. Can rise or fall depending on if more cases or less occur today v the same day last week,

Either way Up is bad, down is good.

Manchester 128 – up from 94. Total cases 33, 119. Weekly 913. Still falling which is good. Pop score up 24 to 5991. Weekly Pop up 6 to 179.

Wigan 91 – up from 49. Total cases 17, 794. Weekly 583. Pop score up 28 to 5414. Up a fair bit but stays under 100. Weekly Pop up 3 to 177.

Rochdale 72 - up from 48. Total cases 13, 564. Weekly 477. Pop score up 32 to 6131. Weekly Pop up 13 to 214. Seem destined never to go sub 200 here.

Oldham 58 - up from 48. Total cases 15, 640. Weekly 420. Pop score up 24 to 6596. Blackburn had a bad day and went up to 6982 – so is now 386 above Oldham as worst in UK and will be the first to enter the 7000 club tomorrow. Oldham's Weekly Pop down 2 to 177 and now a lower Pop than Manchester. Unimaginable a month ago.

Salford 58 up from 50. Total cases 14, 155. Weekly 403. Pop score up 23 to 5469. Weekly Pop up 9 to 160.

Bury 58 – up from 26. Three boroughs level on 58! Total cases 10, 601. Weekly 410. Pop score up 31 to 5551, Weekly Pop up 12 to 212. Lot of increases week to week today. Not a great sign. But likely to happen more in future.

Bolton 50 down from 55. Stands out as the only faller today. Total cases 16, 044. Weekly 433. Pop score up 18 to 5580. Lowest rise for Bolton in a while. Weekly Pop up 1 to 151.

Tameside 40 – up from 17 and highest in 10 days here. Total cases 10, 927. Weekly 218. Pop score up 17 to 4824. Biggest rise in a while here Weekly Pop up 9 to 96 . The only sub 100 score but loses ground on Stockport and Trafford. Though still best weekly total cases

Trafford 36 – up from 26. Finally gets above Tameside but still not back to the best in GM again as Stockport comes back! Total cases 9202. Weekly 267. Pop score up 15 to 3877. Weekly Pop up 5 to 113, Highest in 2 weeks.

Stockport 34 – up from 29, Total cases 11, 204. Weekly 301. Pop score up 11 to 3818 – lowest in GM today. Increases lead over Trafford for best overall Pop to 59. Weekly Pop down 6 to 102. Finally gets below Trafford but Tameside is there waiting – Still Stockport made up big on them today too and is only 2 off sub 100 and 6 off Tameside. We might actually have a race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.