Mancini or Pep era?

How did Mancini do in the CL by comparison?
How did Guardiola do in comparison to Pellegrini?

Mancini raised the standard and gave the club reason to believe that we could succeed in Europe. Pellegrini almost made it happen. Guardiola had all the tools at his disposal to be able to lead City to the CL last season but bottled it against Lyon - He obviously didn't believe in his team or his system that day, probably knowing that they wouldn't have been able to cope against Bayern, so he tinkered.

Guardiola isn't as great as people like to think. Mancini succeeded in his objectives set by City, Guardiola hasn't, and probably won't with the current squad.

I don't think its a fair question, for many of the reasons which have gone before this.

But what I would say, Both deserve our utmost respect, so please be carful of what is said about both men.

Mancini was great for City at that stage in our development, Pep is also great in what he has already achieved, and what he is going on to achieve in the future.

I think it's difficult for people to compare the two managers fairly. A lot are using the highs of Mancini against the more current lows of Guardiola (at least the mood of the current lows).

The lows of Mancini were god awful. Crashing out of the CL group stage in 2012/13 in embarrassing fashion. Getting knocked out at home by Villa in the League Cup. The Wigan FA Cup final. The mismanagement of Tevez and Balotelli. The falling out with everybody. Consecutive losses away at bloody Sunderland. Some absolutely boring football. To this day the worst transfer window of them all since the takeover..

Plus people talk about derbies, but Mancini had a losing record in them. Not only that but he was the manager for the single most boring derby I've ever seen; the last derby seemed a thriller in comparison.

I think it's great Mancini is getting the love. I loved him too. He took down the banner FFS. But it's clear that there's some real nostalgia fuelled rose tinted perspectives on here and some disrespect to Guardiola in equal measure, particularly on the front that he doesn't care or 'get' the club.
We were shit but he loved us anyway , pep would have walked , he likes u s because we are a big team now , that is all

How did Guardiola do in comparison to Pellegrini?

Mancini raised the standard and gave the club reason to believe that we could succeed in Europe. Pellegrini almost made it happen. Guardiola had all the tools at his disposal to be able to lead City to the CL last season but bottled it against Lyon - He obviously didn't believe in his team or his system that day, probably knowing that they wouldn't have been able to cope against Bayern, so he tinkered.

Guardiola isn't as great as people like to think. Mancini succeeded in his objectives set by City, Guardiola hasn't, and probably won't with the current squad.
Have to wonder why they gave him a new contract then, if he didn't meet the objectives they set him

Pep is always going to be bigger than any team he manages. There are very few managers who have that personality and stature; I'd say Mourinho is possibly the only other one who has that.

The problem with this is that it overrides the identity of the club/team they manage. To me it feels very much like we are Pep FC rather than MCFC; it's as if we are a vessel for Pep, rather than Pep working for us.

With Mancini, I felt he totally bought into the club's identity and the supporters. It was like he was working for City, not the other way around. It was very easy to get behind Mancini and his team; partly because of his fiery personalty but perhaps also because we were a team on the ascendancy, pushing upwards.

I also think that Mancini's teams had a lot more fight about them; you always felt that going a goal down would light a fire under his teams, and you'd be confident they could turn the game around; with Pep's team, when we go a goal down you can't see us getting a result.

Mancini's team had so much fight that we couldnt get out of group stage in CL. Even becoming the club with worst group stage record in CL with 3 points.

Ajax and Dortmund ahead operating with fraction of resources.

Klopp's kids absolutely embarrassed us in the final group game too. It was so disgusting that Mancini should have been sacked on the spot.

Once Guardiola goes, we won't be able to control teams anymore and we will be back to Pellegrini levels of irrelevant shite.

Pep era BC (Before Covid) beats Mancini but Pep era (After Covid) does not even come close.

Mancini's team had so much fight that we couldnt get out of group stage in CL. Even becoming the club with worst group stage record in CL with 3 points.

Klopp's kids absolutely embarrassed us in the final group game too. It was so disgusting that Mancini should have been sacked on the spot.

Once Guardiola goes, we won't be able to control teams anymore and we will be back to Pellegrini levels of irrelevant shite.
Qui?

So, only an average 1 trophy per season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.