Mancini or Pep era?

Not sure Pep would have done this, Mancini did and for that alone I will love and respect the man until my dying day.

Grazie Roberto, Grazie.

He stood up to the bully and in that moment the tide turned.
As In life standing up to the bully usually sees them crumble and then dissolve into a puddle of piss, leaving you to march on victorious.
Cheers Bobby

Loved both era’s but Will always have a soft spot for mancini even named my first son bobby who is now city mad.

best way I can sum it up is Mancini drove out the mercenaries and the players who didn’t have the fight and made us believe we could compete with the likes of united Winning the fa cup and then of course the Prem. We did however struggle in Europe and towards the end there where some awful performances like southampton away.

Pep has undoubtedly taken us to a new level, we have become a trophy winning machine, a team with a lot more confidence in europe (notably the group stages) we are one of the elite sides now.

Both are big city legends and will always have my gratitude for what they have done for us.

Emotionally it has to be Mancini. He was the mastermind of the sickswan, the stand off with pisscan, taking down the banner and was at the helm of my favourite City team. Some fantastic players like Dzeko,Tevez,Yaya,Vinny, Silva, Sergio, Barry and Nasri.

Mancini turned us from a joke who hadn’t won anything in 30+ years to a powerhouse. Pep turned us from a powerhouse in to a better powerhouse.

Love both, but Mancini was one of a kind in what he did with us.

I agree it’s just that he was judging Pep by CL performances in later rounds despite the fact our record in the CL under Mancini was appalling.

Mancini wasnt given the time or finances to complete the job were as Pep has been given everything available to win multiple trophies , as a character i would have Mancini every day of the week , he believed in our club and showed passion and antagonised opposition managers , he was willing to go to war . Pep is a more subdued manager generally bulshitting all and sundry saying how great Dyche,Klippety,Dippers,Rags,Bielsa or whoever we happen to be playing next, why he has to blow smoke up the arse of the opposition before every game is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.