Everton (A) | Game Postponed

It’s both.

The ultimate decision lies with the premier league and I don’t think Everton’s opinion should be taken in to consideration but the least they deserve is communication.

Can you imagine this was Nadal Vs Federer and one of the players tested positive, the other would be kept in the loop 100%. I don’t see where the issue lies.
They were told FOUR HOURS before. As I said the issue here is health and safety.

Not on an individuals health information.

It's entirely possible (though rumour suggests otherwise, it could be all our EDS that has gone down with it, and we're playing silly games, but that information is still private to the individual (I don't think that for one minute).

I actually think we have probably protected people at your club today.

I agree, you probably have. I have no issue with the postponement.

The issue is the lack of transparency from the Prem about how the decision was made.

We can't have matches being called off just hours in advance without the host club having a clue as to what is going on.

While my heart bleeds for these poor inconvenienced people, allow me to care a lot fucking more about people who have a dreadful virus, and about the need to stop a lot of other people getting it. Let’s light a candle and have a whip round to compensate for a few hundred wasted pies

Completely missed the point. Correct call was made. The way it was made is in question

It’s both.

The ultimate decision lies with the premier league and I don’t think Everton’s opinion should be taken in to consideration but the least they deserve is communication.

Can you imagine this was Nadal Vs Federer and one of the players tested positive, the other would be kept in the loop 100%. I don’t see where the issue lies.

Agree, I honestly dont understand why some people are getting all twisted about it and taking it to heart.

I think you should consider separating out the health issue (postponement is fine) and the way this has been handled by the Prem (lack of transparency is not fine).
One is really important and one isn’t, that’s the way I would differentiate the 2 issues

Or maybe it was due to a matchday being planned which involves police (albeit a smaller scale) security, catering, stewards, fans, club staff, the players all probably at or on their way to Goodison preparing for the game when the club was just informed it was called off.

Maybe if we were involved, we could have planned for a postponement, or sided with city and agreed it earlier so we could prevent all of the above. The club are well within their right to be informed of something that affects them
Planning in a pandemic goes beyond even Scousers in who it doesn't give two fucks about. Get over yourselves, its nobodys fault and shit happens

It isn't an issue with me, the PL should absolutely be disclosing the reasons for their decision and that is what any reasonable business would do. It's not only Everton FC who need to know, the wider world of football needs to know. I'm scratching my head as to why people would think about City deliberately seeking to get this game postponed.....they are in a pretty good moment, against a team who would be missing several regulars. Perfect time to play them. However, the caveat to that - and it's a massive one - is City don't want to go and infect another team with the virus (imagine the sh*t we'd cop for that!)....and that has to be applauded, however late in the day it is. This virus doesn't f*ck about or discriminate, trust me. Health. Comes. First.

So assuming City sent the results of their Covid tests to the PL, the PL then has to seek medical advice on what to do. From that advice they concluded the game must be called off. That being the case......tell the effing world why it's happened! It instantly shuts down all these gobshite fans and even bigger gobshite journalists on social media, who think City are pulling a fast one. But then the words 'Premier League' and 'transparency' have never gone together.......and to be honest neither have the words 'gobshite fans', 'gobshite journalists' and 'common sense'.
To be fair they put out a statement but it didn't suit the gobshite narrative and was drowned in foam

I think this notion of players being in a bubble, getting rigourously tested but then having to stay in a hotel where the staff arnt tested and nobody knows who they have been mixing with and where they have been is scandalous

Thats not to have a go at the staff but you would think with the amount of money in the PL, they could have one central hotel in a city to use for teams travelling, or pay for staff testing in the hotels.

Just seems crazy that this isnt taken into consideration
Why not just fly down on a private plane, be met by the team bus and be taken directly to the stadium. Don't really see the need to be staying in a hotel, especially in a tier 4 area, where the new strain is on the rise. Just seems like common sense to avoid these places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.