Everton (A) | Game Postponed

Not getting at you, but no one belongs. The moment we start with a belief like that, we turn into Tarquins, Chavs, Rags and Dippers.
I didn’t give that a lot of thought when I wrote it, your right, sorry if it came across as being a bit entitled but I can assure you I am anything but entitled, I was just trying to get the lads going as it turns out the game was called off. Let’s hope they all get better soon. Some things are more important than football, like your health.

I cannot for the life of me imagine that the Prem called Everton:
'Hello Everton, Prem here'
'Hi Prem'
'Bad news, game off'
'Why ?'
'Five City players have tested positive'
'So?'
'Can't say any more'

Surely the Prem would have said to Everton 'There is a very real risk that the virus could spread quickly assymptomatically amongst the 22 on the pitch.'
The PL informing Everton like that wouldn't surprise me in the least

Just to add, it's not unreasonable for City to have contacted Everton and made them aware. I would have thought they would have done, perhaps it's a case that the PL has made an arbitrary decision without consulting Everton and City haven't had time to brief Everton before it was made.

I dont think you are or should be required to report anything to us, however the PL should be keeping us informed and involved seeing as this game involved us too and it sounds like they had hours between when you requested the postponement to when we were told it was postponed. Thats not acceptable. City, Everton and the PL along with medical professionals should have all been in discussions as soon as your request was made. Im sure if that was the case, everyone would have come to the correct decision to call the game off quickly. The PL are a sham

Wowww were the most hated club in world football going by social media and the press.

Both dominated by Liverpool fans, wouldnt let it wind you up.

Don't say he flew in for it lol.
He flew in for one that was called off due to bad winds. Ended up getting fisted by Drone in a hotel room instead. ; )

I flew in for a game against Arsenal once that got postponed due to them progressing in champs league.
Had to go to London and watch us get beat 2-1 by spurs just so I could catch a game (in with the spurs fans).

I dont think you are or should be required to report anything to us, however the PL should be keeping us informed and involved seeing as this game involved us too and it sounds like they had hours between when you requested the postponement to when we were told it was postponed. Thats not acceptable. City, Everton and the PL along with medical professionals should have all been in discussions as soon as your request was made. Im sure if that was the case, everyone would have come to the correct decision to call the game off quickly. The PL are a sham

Liverpool, Everton, Rags, Orient and Middlesboro 'followers' all in the pile on.

Everton haven't stated that.

They're said public safety is uppermost and there should be full disclosure of the information - which is a legitimate request considering we were 4 hours away from a Premier League match with fans in attendance.

There isn't an issue with Man City here. The issue is with the Premier League.

Everton statement:

Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken.
The key word, “whilst”.

No, I know. It's the PL responsibility but I would hope we were decent enough to have kept you in the loop.

I'm not a lawyer but I assume there's a legal precedent here too. Had the PL let this go ahead and it turns out after City's next tests that there's a full scale outbreak going on at the club, then the PL might have opened themselves up to serious litigation. Especially if it infected Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.