Everton (A) | Game Postponed

Apologies. Someone made mention of it but when I checked he was actually referring to the league cup rather than the premier league a fixture. I should’ve verified it before posting.

Im effectively guilty of exacerbating of “fake news“ here.
But that’s just as bad if not worse... Showing his true rag bias there. Why would we forfeit that cup tie when we have 5 months to play it?

The issue is the lack of transparency from the Prem about how the decision was made.
I would imagine today being a bank holiday hasn't helped, I don't know the characters involved at the PL, but I would imagine it was hard to find anyone with any authority.

I'm working this evening, and smallish office that it is, we've had a covid related issue today, but the (very few) duty staff available have had to deal with it without involving management, it wasn't a really urgent issue or else we would have done, but I don't really know if what we've done will be right in their eyes or not, the thing is it's worked, and might help protect people.

Apologies. Someone made mention of it but when I checked he was actually referring to the league cup rather than the premier league fixture. I should’ve verified it before posting.

Im effectively guilty of exacerbating of “fake news“ here.
So the rag **** said we should forfeit the league cup semi final? Did the thick twat give any logical reason for this?

I agree with you re the Premier League.

The problem is supporters of other clubs and certain journalists start foaming at the mouth regarding anything to do with City and are trying to portray this as big bad corrupt City owned by dubious Arabs getting a game called off so they can have a rest. So as a result City supporters go on the defensive very quickly.

Clearly the right decision on this has been reached and by your measured response I think you agree with that. As per usual though the Premier League have fucked the situation up by not consulting Everton.
Correct.

The premier league have got the decision right but haven’t followed their own protocol in terms of communication and transparency like they did with the Newcastle-Villa situation.

I’d imagine 99% of city and Everton fans agree on the decision and would agree that rescheduling the fixture is sensible, along with no points forfeit. It appears to only be people with a Liverpool or United agenda (fans as well as journalists) that are driving this.

Gutted the game wasn't on tonight but the club have made the correct decision.

We have to accept that Everton and the PL will want to know more about why the game was called off, just as we would do. We need to be clear and transparent. The PL don't want teams calling games off at the last minute as some teams with less scrupulous owners may "call covid" to avoid playing harder teams.
City lodged a request, premiere league called it off after advise from medical team and following government protocol. We can't just decide not to play. It's Pl's decision

So the rag **** said we should forfeit the league cup semi final? Did the thick twat give any logical reason for this?

Don’t think he has said that. All he said (as far as I can see) is that Orient will be watching with interest which is a fair comment. Probably not aware the rules change after the 4th round as I wasn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.