Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As l've been catching up on this thread l have just had an update that hospitals have a record number of Covid patients and that yesterday had the highest number of new cases reported.
Despite this there seems to be a clamour from certain quarters to punish City and/or give our opponents an advantage for having the audacity to have staff with a highly infectious disease and not wanting to spread it further.
Idiots like Neville and cronies seem to regard Covid as if it's a hamstring or other football injury and the affected club, especially when it's us and our 'bigger squad than anyone else' should just carry on.
It is now a far worse situation than it was when football was stopped before and I await with interest to see what the Government do next for the safety of the whole population. Will the populist PM want to appease the teams in red and their supporters and the others in sport to whom money is everything ? Or will common sense prevail and the Government and advisers
say that to call off the match was the correct action to take and use it as an example of how this disease can spread so easily even amongst young fit men with doctors keeping a close eye on them.

Sky sports news being sky sports news again with another non story.
View attachment 7266
I just can't believe this piece here, talk about contradiction!

The fuckin bitter salty cunts that sky sports are.

Be funny if City did have to forfeit the semi final, than both spurs and brentford both have an out break and both forfeit the semi final mean utd are in the playing ?, because no one could play the semi finals than a week the final utd have an out break and cant play the final against themselves. Who winners the cup lol.

Football fast becoming a farce in the pandemic what a surprise.

Yeah it's not just him though, I get the impression the sports media in general are soft on Chelsea these days. When's the last time they went in hard on them?

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to Chelsea coverage but there seems to have been a lot gone on at Chelsea in the past two seasons, that would have whipped up a media hate frenzy for City.

90m for Havertz who's been utter shit never gets a mention does it?.

Cunts.

As l've been catching up on this thread l have just had an update that hospitals have a record number of Covid patients and that yesterday had the highest number of new cases reported.
Despite this there seems to be a clamour from certain quarters to punish City and/or give our opponents an advantage for having the audacity to have staff with a highly infectious disease and not wanting to spread it further.
Idiots like Neville and cronies seem to regard Covid as if it's a hamstring or other football injury and the affected club, especially when it's us and our 'bigger squad than anyone else' should just carry on.
It is now a far worse situation than it was when football was stopped before and I await with interest to see what the Government do next for the safety of the whole population. Will the populist PM want to appease the teams in red and their supporters and the others in sport to whom money is everything ? Or will common sense prevail and the Government and advisers
say that to call off the match was the correct action to take and use it as an example of how this disease can spread so easily even amongst young fit men with doctors keeping a close eye on them.
Neville should be donating his hotel for us to isolate in
Or does he only do that for positive political PR purposes??
He is a bit of a ****, tries to be mr nice but will always be a rag
Probably thinks it’s uniteds big chance of a trophy now

It shows how far the scum have plummeted years ago they didn’t put a team out for the FA cup because they were in that super cup, they are so desperate to remain relevant that winning a league cup will satisfy their deluded millions. I say concede the game and if they win it we can remind them that the holders of the previous 3 years pulled Out because of the virus.

No. There is a rule set. Games will only be forfeited from round 1-4 remember round 5 is the qtr final in the league cup.
They moved the final in my opinion to safe guard their investments to cover this eventuality.
All that about doing it to support the fans is bollocks on the caring front.
There’s a caveat in the rule that says if an alternative date can’t be agreed then the club has to forfeit. That’s the card the desperate rags will try to play

Awful statement from Everton. Until now I always had a soft spot for the blue dippers, thought they had a bit more class about them and were in some respects similar to city as they lived in the shadow of another team. However it would appear all scousers are the same. Could have wished city a speedy recovery but no. Classless shite.

There is such a shitty attitude towards covid from the media and other clubs. Yes, footballers are athletes and may not feel the impact (we hope) but have dickheads like Neville ever considered that players could unknowingly pass on the virus to family members or club staff who might be vulnerable. The decision was made to protect the Everton team and staff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.