General Videogame Thread

Build quality? The above components (which i couldn't get for below £800) seem rather good quality / brands.

For a middle of the road machine that plays say Witcher 3 on ultra settings in 4k @ 60fps without it getting excited (only had a 60 hertz 42" 4k display to play it on) I really can't fault it, so again why "DONT DO THIS" in a godlike voice?

Pound for pound you get slightly better pre built - but it tends to be built with no thought to upgrading and some of the components might differ slightly to individually bought components. So when you look to upgrade its a pretty restrictive set up. As an example I would not buy that board and chip now as you can get a better combination and a forward compatible one if you do the research and chose wisely.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X570-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/Specification looking at getting this with Ryzen 5 5600 and a 3060gti pal,

The motherboard holds it all together and restricts what you can do going forward. That is however possibly overkill. The B550 boards will take the next gen AMD chips. We ended up with this:

Its £35 cheaper. As well as the price and spec look for the reviews from youtubers but also amazon reviews can be very helpful. If something has a couple of hundred reviews on amazon and a lot of people having issues then that should be a red flag.

Pound for pound you get slightly better pre built - but it tends to be built with no thought to upgrading and some of the components might differ slightly to individually bought components. So when you look to upgrade its a pretty restrictive set up. As an example I would not buy that board and chip now as you can get a better combination and a forward compatible one if you do the research and chose wisely.

The motherboard holds it all together and restricts what you can do going forward. That is however possibly overkill. The B550 boards will take the next gen AMD chips. We ended up with this:

Its £35 cheaper. As well as the price and spec look for the reviews from youtubers but also amazon reviews can be very helpful. If something has a couple of hundred reviews on amazon and a lot of people having issues then that should be a red flag.

To be fair there are loads of options right now, I'd ignore the path upgrade in reality because the new 5000 series Ryzens and 10 core intels will be around long enough to see quantum changes in the way we consume computing.

Price point as you say is compelling though.

Has anyone here ever tried Jurassic World Evolution and if so, is it any good?

Reason I ask is because I just bought it on a whim off Steam for £3.49.

Yes, its not too bad, pretty decent tbh. I have spend about 30 - 40 hours grinding through it to unlock it all. The DLC is decent too, with a different game style available based on the 1990's movies and cars on tracks, rather than free roaming visitors like the newer movies.

Top tip: once you have your first profitable island and you move on, go back to old islands frequently and dig for fossils, once they arrive in your inventory, go back to your new island and sell what you don't need (gold / precious metals etc) on the new island to boost your bank in that park. If you don't do this you'll be waiting a while to make any kind of money.

Yes, played a bit of it a while back. It's a fairly decent sim but takes a while to progress through the tutorials and story to unlock the full rota of buildings and dinosaurs.

My wife enjoyed it for a bit but it wasn't as deep as the old zoo tycoon games, which had dinosaur expansions. Worth it at that price though, just not a game to sink hundreds of hours into

Decided to download Alien Isolation off steam pass. Only done an hour or so up to now but it's shit me up multiple times already. Anybody played it before?
It was free on Epic a few weeks ago i think, but i saw some gameplay on YouTube when it came out and...FUCK THAT i don't even want to play that for free!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.