General Videogame Thread

i intend to eventually use it on 4k but its mainly for 1440p world of warcraft, probably overkill tbh, but i have the cash at the moment, around £1500 fro a self build.
in regard that bios link i take it you just use the top/latest one?

Yes you would do normally even if it has a beta tag, I can't see anything to suggest otherwise. Before I re-flash the bios I always check online for any bugs that may be present in the beta versions.

If before you flash you can post your bios version on here I (Or someone else) can let you know if you're good to go (You may need to incrementally flash different bios versions to get to new) but I doubt that would be in issue it rarely is.

Yes you would do normally even if it has a beta tag, I can't see anything to suggest otherwise. Before I re-flash the bios I always check online for any bugs that may be present in the beta versions.

If before you flash you can post your bios version on here I (Or someone else) can let you know if you're good to go (You may need to incrementally flash different bios versions to get to new) but I doubt that would be in issue it rarely is.
Cheers I will do, going to wait until new year to start buying the parts, bit of a shortage of 3060tis and the new Ryzan processors

Check out Christother Flannigan Irish dude on you tube, ive just found him and if you follow what he does I don’t think you will go wrong. I’m going to order my parts in new year and follow his videos. The onky thing I’m worried about is doing the Bios flash on a new motherboard I dont want to brick it.
Thanks i will check his vids out. Once built its all the set up after! Do you know the difference in price with doing it yourself to having one built? I get the self satisfaction of doing it yourself though but from a cost point of view is it worth it.

Thanks i will check his vids out. Once built its all the set up after! Do you know the difference in price with doing it yourself to having one built? I get the self satisfaction of doing it yourself though but from a cost point of view is it worth it.
I think you are looking at £2-300 saving which allows you to buy better parts. At the end of his builds he goes through the full setup as well, there are some great guides out there but his are very good.

Using geforce now for the next 6 months instead of building a new pc, fucking bargain for 25 quid.
Yep, good luck finding a GPU out there. I'm led to believe supply and pricing will return to normal around Feb/March, but right now the market is a disaster for customers. 1660s are going for within £50 of what I paid for my 2070 a couple of years ago.

I think you are looking at £2-300 saving which allows you to buy better parts. At the end of his builds he goes through the full setup as well, there are some great guides out there but his are very good.
Thanks very much for the YouTube link just having a look now and they're top notch in detail. Just what I was after:-)

Yep, good luck finding a GPU out there. I'm led to believe supply and pricing will return to normal around Feb/March, but right now the market is a disaster for customers. 1660s are going for within £50 of what I paid for my 2070 a couple of years ago.
Ye I’m in no rush mate, i will slowly get the other stuff as I see a bargain or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.