Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would sign him for another two years regardless of injury. Luckily for us, i'm not in charge!
I've got a deep worry that the knee is swelling up everytime he trains. If that points to him never fully recovering, the club cannot extend his contract.
So his agent starts putting the feelers out in the hope somebody comes in with a pre contract before the news leaks out.

My hope that this is all complete bollocks.
That we are just in the middle of sorting a fresh deal out, and the knee injury really is only a niggle that will settle down. Hence why we are being so careful with him!

Reminds me of the ‘Kompany’s finished’ talk and then he used to come back in to the team and we’d all remember who the fucking man was. I hope he stays next season at a minimum, happy for him to decide when he goes.

Sad to say but I think it’s genuinely time for him to move on.

If we’re going into next season with him and Messi on the books, we’re not doing so in a healthy position regarding wages, especially with other players.

We should look to build for the future.

Offer his wages to Harry Kane or Haaland.

Going to be a sad day, the clubs greatest ever striker, I just don’t think he’s reliable enough with fitness and he’s going to be slower.

Offer Agüero an extension. He's still absolute world class, and has without a shadow of a doubt, a couple of seasons left in the tank on top form, if he can remain fit.
Do we need to search the market for another striker? Absolutely, we need depth attacking wise, so an extension combined with a new CF would be ideal for Sergio and City.
Hasn’t he scored one goal for us all season?

Not through any fault of his own but we unfortunately cannot rely on him and I feel keeping him would be purely for sentimental reasoning.

I love the guy but think it’s a good time for him to move.

Forgive me if posted before, but I was under the impression that it was agreed this was Kuns last season with us and the club were were giving him a golden handshake and waving goodbye as he went back to South America to play out his days. Very much what they did for David Silva.

Sad to say but I think it’s genuinely time for him to move on.

If we’re going into next season with him and Messi on the books, we’re not doing so in a healthy position regarding wages, especially with other players.

We should look to build for the future.

Offer his wages to Harry Kane or Haaland.

Going to be a sad day, the clubs greatest ever striker, I just don’t think he’s reliable enough with fitness and he’s going to be slower.
Could clear the wages by selling Mahrez.

Messi, if he comes, has no transfer fee attached. If we pay him £60m for 2 seasons, it’s a drop in the ocean.

I can’t believe people want him to stay longer. He regrettably can no longer be relied upon due to injuries. And that’s an understatement. That said, nothing could ever take away his legend status here.

I’m wary of letting our players decide when THEY want to leave. Zaba, Silva, Yaya, Vinny and now Aguero. I think it allows a softness to creep in.

In Fergies glory days, he got rid of big names to keep everyone on their toes and to keep it fresh. And it worked. No one ever felt safe and I bet they gave an extra 10% because of it.Our lads know that no matter what, they’ll not be shown the door unless they’ve decided to go..

I say keep him on as a player/model. Get him to do all the fucking kit reveals and shit and have him play when he’s fit, who cares

Could clear the wages by selling Mahrez.

Messi, if he comes, has no transfer fee attached. If we pay him £60m for 2 seasons, it’s a drop in the ocean.
I was thinking about this but then again, are we going to get someone happy enough with that playing time who is any better than Mahrez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.