Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait to see Aguero tomorrow see how sharp he is and his movement. If he gets 90mins it then be interesting how his knee will react to it if he I fine that will be great for second half or the season.

I can’t believe people want him to stay longer. He regrettably can no longer be relied upon due to injuries. And that’s an understatement. That said, nothing could ever take away his legend status here.

I’m wary of letting our players decide when THEY want to leave. Zaba, Silva, Yaya, Vinny and now Aguero. I think it allows a softness to creep in.

In Fergies glory days, he got rid of big names to keep everyone on their toes and to keep it fresh. And it worked. No one ever felt safe and I bet they gave an extra 10% because of it.Our lads know that no matter what, they’ll not be shown the door unless they’ve decided to go..
On the flip side, the football world is a very small one and everyone talks to each other.
If City has a reputation for looking after their players, it can pay dividends when you're trying to recruit top class players who are in demand.
The approach that the club has taken has worked well over the last decade when you look back on how much we've won.

Reading some of the posts I think two issues are clouding people's judgement here. Firstly, he is 32 with a niggling injury keeping him from playing and being a reliable starter. Secondly, he is a living legend and sentimentality is kicking in over reality of him being passed his best. Plus the fact that we only have two senior strikers and Jesus is nowhere near Aguero's standard.

I'm ambivalent on him getting another contract because he is no use to us if he's injured and his injuries are getting more frequent nowadays.

We need to sign a top class replacement in Haaland and maybe offer Kun another season as back up, that's if he wants to stay of course, and the club want him to stay .

I was thinking about this but then again, are we going to get someone happy enough with that playing time who is any better than Mahrez?
It would be a bit of a headache juggling the play time if we were lucky enough to sign Halaand and Messi.

Torres left wing, Sterling right. Halaand, Aguero and Jesus competing for one spot and Messi capable of playing anywhere. 6 players for 3 positions, it’s not outlandish but it would be simpler if Jesus was deployed primarily on the left wing, and Messi on the right.

I don’t necessarily think Messi will come, but it’s fun to speculate.

Reminds me of the ‘Kompany’s finished’ talk and then he used to come back in to the team and we’d all remember who the fucking man was. I hope he stays next season at a minimum, happy for him to decide when he goes.

I get your drift but when Kompany got on back the pitch after one of his long lay-offs, he was generally good and sometimes fantastic.
The difference is that when Aguero’s been out for any length of time it seems to take him 3 or 4 games to get his form back.

Always deserves the benefit of the doubt, and if he can sustain some fitness he can be integral in the home straight for trophies...

He needs minutes desperately though as time is running out and if he is to walk off into the sunset, then let’s hope he can have some sort of impact....

This needs to be managed accordingly but a mid 20s Sergio would have 25 goals already this season, which kind of tells us we need to be bringing in his successor...

I personally feel a Gabby and Haaland front pairing could propel us above the achievements we’ve seen already under Pep, but will we deal with Mino?? Ha, he won’t deal with us

Sad to say but I think it’s genuinely time for him to move on.

If we’re going into next season with him and Messi on the books, we’re not doing so in a healthy position regarding wages, especially with other players.

We should look to build for the future.

Offer his wages to Harry Kane or Haaland.

Going to be a sad day, the clubs greatest ever striker, I just don’t think he’s reliable enough with fitness and he’s going to be slower.
I agree with almost everything you say apart from the Kane bit. Aguero doesn’t owe us anything and can do what he wants once he leaves. I would find it odd for him to go to PSG though for two reasons.
1. Pochettino usually signs young athletic players and brings them on. I don’t think this would be Poch’s signing.

2. I always thought Aguero wanted to return to Argentina at the end of his contract?

I have been lucky enough to see the clubs greatest goal scorer and see most of his goals live. We need our Colin the King, Aguero, Silva and Kompany statues.

I agree with almost everything you say apart from the Kane bit. Aguero doesn’t owe us anything and can do what he wants once he leaves. I would find it odd for him to go to PSG though for two reasons.
1. Pochettino usually signs young athletic players and brings them on. I don’t think this would be Poch’s signing.

2. I always thought Aguero wanted to return to Argentina at the end of his contract?

I have been lucky enough to see the clubs greatest goal scorer and see most of his goals live. We need our Colin the King, Aguero, Silva and Kompany statues.
Kane for me is the best centre forward in the word currently, I think he’s in a tougher league and has it harder than Lewandowski, who’s his main challenger for that top spot.

If we can get him, it’d be a huge signing and we’d likely dominate English football even more for the next 5 years.

Reading some of the posts I think two issues are clouding people's judgement here. Firstly, he is 32 with a niggling injury keeping him from playing and being a reliable starter. Secondly, he is a living legend and sentimentality is kicking in over reality of him being passed his best. Plus the fact that we only have two senior strikers and Jesus is nowhere near Aguero's standard.

I'm ambivalent on him getting another contract because he is no use to us if he's injured and his injuries are getting more frequent nowadays.

We need to sign a top class replacement in Haaland and maybe offer Kun another season as back up, that's if he wants to stay of course, and the club want him to stay .
No, no and triple no...

we don’t sacrifice the talent of Jesus for sentimentality, he isn’t Aguero, who is, but he’s above anyone out there of the same age, barring a couple, and those couple are going to cost in access of £150m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.