#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d happily see Laporte play left back. He’s played there a few times before if I remember Everton away 17/18, Liverpool 18/19?. A back four of Cancelo Stones Dias Laporte. Fucking solid

I’ve no doubt we will be seeing plenty of him before the season is over, but you have to say it’s mad how things have swung in the past year. From our entire title defence collapsing thanks to his knee injury, to him seeming miles off even getting back into our best 11!
We started the season praying we could have someone decent to partner him. Now hes 3rd choice, behind last seasons 5th choice. Nobody could have predicted this.

I love Laporte but I don't think he will hang around like Stones has. If he cant break this Stones/Dias partnership, I think he will be off, he is too good to play 2nd fiddle and unlike Stones, whos stock was at rock-bottom, Laporte would have suitors from many top clubs. I know many on here will say "He will get plenty of games etc" but I don't think it will be enough for someone of his calibre, when potentially the likes of Real or Barca might be interested in making him their number 1 CB.

We started the season praying we could have someone decent to partner him. Now hes 3rd choice, behind last seasons 5th choice. Nobody could have predicted this.

I love Laporte but I don't think he will hang around like Stones has. If he cant break this Stones/Dias partnership, I think he will be off, he is too good to play 2nd fiddle and unlike Stones, whos stock was at rock-bottom, Laporte would have suitors from many top clubs. I know many on here will say "He will get plenty of games etc" but I don't think it will be enough for someone of his calibre, when potentially the likes of Real or Barca might be interested in making him their number 1 CB.

Madrid would be ideal for him seeing as Ramos is possibly leaving this year. Hope he digs in and stays, he’s a brilliant defender.

Hopefully he knuckles down for now at least and ups his game. It’s going to take something special to dislodge either of Stones/Dias at the mo, but if Laporte can improve the back line even further then that’s all the more benefit to the team.

He’s clearly capable. As excellent as Stones has been recently, I think Laporte has shown at his best that he’s the better player. Only time will tell, but not a bad problem for Pep to have for now anyway.

Madrid would be ideal for him seeing as Ramos is possibly leaving this year. Hope he digs in and stays, he’s a brilliant defender.
Therein lies the difference.

If you look at Stones, he either knuckled down, or found himself at a lesser side. His best hope was probably somewhere like Arsenal. Either that or he was moving right down the Prem and pretty much starting again.

Ake is somewhat the same, he either accepts being a squad player here, on good wages and a chance of picking up medals, or he goes back down the league and has a decent career at a side with an aim of retaining Prem status. I think he will go with the 1st option.

Laporte is a completely different situation, he is a great defender and could probably have his pick of clubs across Europe. I don't believe he is staying here unless he is a regular.

Its a strange situation because I love Laporte and would like to see a Dias/Laporte partnership but like everyone else, I am absolutely loving Stones/Dias and would like this to continue.

I’d happily see Laporte play left back. He’s played there a few times before if I remember Everton away 17/18, Liverpool 18/19?. A back four of Cancelo Stones Dias Laporte. Fucking solid
If we are going down the route of shoehorning a centre half into the full back slot,it has to be Ake as he has better mobility and pace.

Laporte just needs to concentrate on fighting for the right to partner Dias,hopefully that doesnt become an issue.

To be honest he needs to get fit before anything else is even considered. He seems to not even be on the bench a lot recently so he's obviously suffering with niggles.

I’d rather Zinchenko if we are going to play Cancelo at right back. Zinchenko is so good at spotting the passing combinations from that position, and playing incisive first time balls. He helps our fluidity so much.

I’d rather Zinchenko if we are going to play Cancelo at right back. Zinchenko is so good at spotting the passing combinations from that position, and playing incisive first time balls. He helps our fluidity so much.
I’d rather us sign a proper left back than carry on putting make shift ones on that side as it does make us week and teams will expose it . As for Laporte if he doesn’t or can’t get back into the team then he will almost certainly move on which will be a huge mistake to let that happen . Top centre half’s are very hard to get hold off and to actually let a world class one go is crazy in my eyes but I do get the situation that stones is playing well aswell but I do think Dias and Laporte is better in the long run .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.