Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, I stocked up on a big load of multivitamins with everything added, from Costco, and also some high strength vit d tablets.
Are the vitamins for the families and children you'll be coughing over on you daily ablution, or in true Rammy style are you going to keep hold of them and gobble them all up yourself? I sent an email to the parks commission this morning remonstrating on your behalf and they said they see no reason they can't keep the children and families away during lock-down as kids being kids ,they can get quite excitable and boisterous when in open space. They wish you well in your current fitness regime, but have requested you are not to cough as you approach as this can cause them alarm harassment and distress especially with the record numbers of deaths being so critically high. They have asked me to pass on an alternative resolution in that you could simply say Excuse Me or jog around them without getting proper Leary.

Anyway some good news Oh Selfish One and that is before today, exercise was to be local and did not incorporate a 5 mile treck to your happy wobbling grounds, but it's now been reevaluated in Derbyshire.

I am unsure if this applies with Bury council so do check with the local authority as I have no penchant to see you fined lad. Take care and Adios Amigo.

#Imalrightjack

I think there’s likely something they haven’t figured out about this strain that’s causing the spread even while in lockdown, increased time it survives on surfaces or in the air maybe.

Yes there are more takeaways open and more people are at work, but there’s alot more immunity in the population this time round and masks were actively discouraged in lockdown 1, now they are mandatory.

Maybe it’s as simple as it was warm weather last time so everyone was outside more.

That's sugar not fat you dozey ****. Sugar bad fat good

It’s a minefield out there, so no running no grass no fags no donuts no semi’s

It’s full fat milk and lard for breakfast dinner and tea. Gotcha.

Thank god whiskey has barley in it and you can use it as substitute for water.

Pick us up a Bottle of Johnnie Walker please Inchy.

I do sense Boris is finally realising how serious a hole we are in. Though probably knows that short of a time machine to go back and act faster - as I am sure he has already realised was the wrong call - then he just has to hope the vaccine works as well as anticipated.

Because if that goes pear shaped as is unlikely but not impossible or the virus mutates to avoid it we will probably emerge from this worse than much of the world because of our slowness to lockdown.

Like all of us I suspect he knows we are in the hands of fate right now and these are the crucial 3 or 4 weeks of the pandemic during which the vaccines and the restrictions will visibly start to slowly turn the tide back in favour of humanity or we will face a crisis unparalleled in all our lives.

The BBC last night showed Spielberg's modern take on the HG Wells War of the World story which kept fairly true to its century old narrative.

In that humans faced being wiped out by alien invaders but a form of coronavirus that they had no immunity to rapidly KOd the invaders and saved Earth.

Quite odd watching that film a decade after it was made where we are now in a far more similar scenario for real than I suspect anybody ever dreamt when it was in the (all now closed) cinemas.

Let us all hope we come out of this like the humans did in that story and not the Martians.

And at least as yet Covid has not mutated to create a death ray! Though given its cunning you do wonder.

as you get older you will find you have to get used to a semi more and more

Are the vitamins for the families and children you'll be coughing over on you daily ablution, or in true Rammy style are you going to keep hold of them and gobble them all up yourself? I sent an email to the parks commission this morning remonstrating on your behalf and they said they see no reason they can't keep the children and families away during lock-down as kids being kids ,they can get quite excitable and boisterous when in open space. They wish you well in your current fitness regime, but have requested you are not to cough as you approach as this can cause them alarm harassment and distress especially with the record numbers of deaths being so critically high. They have asked me to pass on an alternative resolution in that you could simply say Excuse Me or jog around them without getting proper Leary.

Anyway some good news Oh Selfish One and that is before today, exercise was to be local and did not incorporate a 5 mile treck to your happy wobbling grounds, but it's now been reevaluated in Derbyshire.

I am unsure if this applies with Bury council so do check with the local authority as I have no penchant to see you fined lad. Take care and Adios Amigo.

#Imalrightjack
You’re just too funny.

The question is what more can they do?

Best wishes Blue. Hang in there.

What more can we do?

1. Better support and pay for those self isolating or sick.

2. Restrict key worker definition to limit numbers in schools.

3. Better support for home learning, so parents keep children at home.

4. Test, trace, isolate system improvement.

4. Better communication with consistent messaging. Stay home blues!

5. Engage private business. Get McDonalds etc to shut except delivery - not essential.

6. Enforcement. Last resort.

7. Place Julia Hartley Brewer on a small offshore island and remove her Internet.

[Edit: 8. Learn to number lists!]

The old fella is 88 today, best birthday present he got was an invitation to the jab centre, very surprised, logged on to the site and got 17:01 Thursday coming at the Hyde Active Centre. Lots of negativity about the handling of the process but I can't fault the expediency here, Biontech/Pfizer version, I'm so relieved.

Chinese (I know) takeaway and a few drinks with the old man and Mrs H tonight in our bubble.

Fucks sake, scotch can't even spell whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.