Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why they are getting giddy being top before the half way mark. Just been schooled by us on their patch. They must know, surely they must know what’s going to happen .....

Of course they know the fa/ premier league have told them they will win the league ;(

Fucking hell BBC, scum temporarily on top for what will only be a couple in a messed up season yet the first three articles all about them. Unbelievable. Why not this much sycophantic diatribe when Spurs or Everton were top for a couple of days?

Despite being odious twats, I actually want Liverpool to beat them in those next two games. I can’t stand Liverpool, but I’m actually offended by utd even existing.

J
You should have heard some of the superlatives used to describe Pogba's deflected effort on SS.

Going off the description it would make Mark Kennedy's goal at Bolton in 00/01 look like a 3 yard tap in.............
Just saw a rerun of the goal after the usual warm introduction from our local Aussie newsreader ‘ Manchester United climbed to the top of the Premier League last night’ followed by the match commentator hoarsely shouting ‘What a fantastic goal from Paul Pogba, brilliant!!!!’ Followed by the slo mo replay clearly showing his hopeful shot straight down the middle, large deflection and the ball travelling straight through the keepers splayed legs and then silence, not a mention. Our newsreader sounded like a long lost friend had returned

J

Just saw a rerun of the goal after the usual warm introduction from our local Aussie newsreader ‘ Manchester United climbed to the top of the Premier League last night’ followed by the match commentator hoarsely shouting ‘What a fantastic goal from Paul Pogba, brilliant!!!!’ Followed by the slo mo replay clearly showing his hopeful shot straight down the middle, large deflection and the ball travelling straight through the keepers splayed legs and then silence, not a mention. Our newsreader sounded like a long lost friend had returned
Ridiculous isn't it?

About 3 minutes after the goal he pinged a 10 yard ball straight out of play (over head height and not within 5 yards of anyone) - not a word from the commentary team.......

The article itself is now illustrated with a photo of Soton players celebrating their goal against the Dippers, a game from 8 days ago.

A more relevant, up to date photo to go with the article, which was updated just 10 minutes ago as I type, would be the one of Manure players hugging on the tonight's live page - see page 706. I bet they daren't. In fact, that photo seems to have disappeared altogether from the Football page.
On Breakfast, following a couple of days of correctly making a noise about celebrations they showed that rag scrum. They did manage to make a meek and mild comment about United players not quite getting the hang of the new guidelines. That right BBC go in hard.
One good thing. Roan was described as 'football reporter'. Dare l hope he has been demoted as Sports Editor to the ranks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.