Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Another football website has picked up on it. It will be all over the tabloids and the internet soon. #cun*s!

Where do these snippets of information from years ago keep popping up from? Who's to say it was a fake job anyway? He could have been paid to keep an eye out for any talent he spotted and let us know.

I wouldn't swap our history for all the tea in China. It's as interesting as any club's and I'm not so crippled by crushing insecurity that it has to be solely rooted in the acquisition of trophies.
City history in a nutshell:
Brilliance, dire performance, brilliance, shot selves in foot, brilliance, Kippax moaning, typical City.
We love the club because no other provides such material for black humour.
Present phase: Brilliance, but just wait until Mansour gets bored!

Where do these snippets of information from years ago keep popping up from? Who's to say it was a fake job anyway? He could have been paid to keep an eye out for any talent he spotted and let us know.
According to the report, the father himself is saying it was a fake job....that he did not do anything for the payments.

He says he did attend a 2 day training course but that it was in english and he didn't understand any if it

Sounds like sour grapes to me, where is his lad now ? Still with us or not?

Anyone know

I can guess. This story was from 10 years ago and the article says the kid was recently trying to get back into English football. So I can imoagine a scenario where he's being touted around, someone shows interest and the question is asked "What are you going to do for us?". The answer is negative, or not considered good enough, and the father reveals what City did for him.

Whoever he's revealed that to has then contacted a journalist, who just happens to be a United fan. Got to come clean here that Adam Crafton's family are good friends of mine and I've known him since he was a little boy. He's done some fantastic stuff previously but this is definitely not his finest hour.

You know a fair few twats PB that all seem to be journos

Ridiculous isn't it?

About 3 minutes after the goal he pinged a 10 yard ball straight out of play (over head height and not within 5 yards of anyone) - not a word from the commentary team.......
Gary Neville said Pogba was "the best player on the pitch" in the second half. Well I watched the second half and he was very poor, repeatedly giving the ball away and not making any challenges. The goal was fortunate. These commentators think we are all stupid. It is just relentless propaganda. Actually, until he was subbed, Rashford was the best player on the pitch.

Example of Formulaeic Talkshite show format implemented at least twice today (when I tuned in) .

Talk some balls ideally with a provocative point of view
Talk some more balls from an opposite point of view
Talk balls about Youth football
For no reason, talk some balls about Manchester City....
Talkshite presenter:"If you had a choice of clubs to send your san.. you'd want to see if there's a paaathway for your san to the first team rather than Manchester City ."
Guest (smugly and sanctimoniously) : "Yes, bat clabs like Southampton and my old clab Leicester offer a paathway to the first team."

(in a season where Academy graduates Cole Palmer, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Felix Nmecha have gained valuable 1st team experience and Phil Foden continues to develop at a pace in all competitions)

Never mind the truth, eh.

Introduce the subject.
Identify "the problem". Who can we find?
Manchester City.
Look for a negative that isn't there.
Snipe at Manchester City (the bad guys).
Sanctimoniously present other clubs as better (the good guys).
Job done.

So that's:
Bad guys (Manchester City)
Good guys (Everyone else)
Not having a go at all.....but why do you even give these w*nkers the time of day? The 'off' button is your friend.

This article in The Athletic is pathetic. Any decent journalist in football could knock up an article in 5 mins about multiple high profile footballers that had parents given an assortment of jobs by football clubs. Some very high profile players had multiple family members on the payroll.

The length of the article about an unknown player from 10 years ago that had his Dad earning £1k a week !!

Jesus wept. What is going on at The Athletic ??
Never tried it But I don't think lve missed much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.