Brighton (h) post-match thread

Said during first half (to my daughters) that we might have to win this 1-0. Brighton are bettered only by City on restricting how many shots opponents have. We should of course have won 2-0 but my heart sank when I saw Raz was taking the penalty.

Main gripe about the performance though would be how we kept ceding possession in the last 30 minutes.

Another clean sheet and if we win things this season it is going to be on the back of keeping lots of them.

Great goal from Foden, who is making the case to be a regular; although he does not need to be overplayed so he shouldn't start every game.

I think Gabby has long Covid after that cameo

the less said about the penalty, the better..... was a romantic idea to instil some confidence but arrogant from us, could of bitten us on the proverbial!

He did have an absolute shocker.

Pressing the keeper the last 5 minutes he looked like he had just run a marathon!

That was tough, we just looked a bit slower than the last few games. I though Brighton popped it about well.

After not loggong into the site for some time the main thing I took from the game is being allowed back in the stadium and it's desperatly needed just so I don' have to have look at the match day thread again.

Only saw second half, which was pretty shite.

Bobbins penalty, laughable standard for a pro footballer. Please, anyone but Sterling next time. Or the next.

Still, 3 points and onward and upward.

Credit to Brighton who looked very decent and worked hard all over the pitch.

Once again we were very wasteful in front of goal as a second would have killed the game. Bernardo unlucky to hit the bar, Kev needs to find the spaces when having one on ones but the miss from FFS was the pick of the bunch, not a defender near him, he just had to tuck it away as the keeper had left him the space to do that. He was woeful again and the sooner Ferran and Sergio get back the better. I wish they would sell him in January but know that will not happen. Don't know what was up with Jesus - he came on and looked like he was sulking for ten minutes.

None the less a very important 3 points and another clean sheet. Credit to the defence again for that win oh and a quality finish from our Phil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.