Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say you weren't respectful and I did say it may be unintentional however it was clear that you hadn't read the previous posts as you would have had the full context and noted that there was no previous mention of SEN in any posts of mine or responses from other posters prior to your input.

The debate was purely around FSM and I feel strongly that the route causes aren't been tackled in the right way however some posters have taken that as me slagging off Rashford for his efforts when it is the BBC that I am criticising.
He was mentioned on ITV national and regional for the last 2 nights (I avoid the BBC as much as I can these days) and they used archive footage and I feel this is a positive however we both agree that it isn't tackling the route cause.

The government basically shot itself in the foot by making it's guidelines too vague which has caused the shit storm with some of the pitiful food parcels and I actually find it quite funny ( and embarrassing for a group of university educated ministers) to be owned by a lad in his 20's from a council estate in Manchester ( like myself but now in their 40's) as it was obvious this was going to happen.

Yes I was pissed off when I read your post, especially as I've read some of your posts before and you've always come across very well.

To be fair UEFA took snippets of information to try and hang my club out to dry and although I know this was not your intention, it felt like I was being hung out to dry in public in some kind if kangaroo court in the same way using snippets.
In addition, another poster who I hadn't encountered before did something similar earlier on which didn't help therefore you probably got a stronger response than if you had been the first to respond later in the day after that particular debate had basically come to a close.

Apologies if I came across as a bit abrasive in my response.

My biggest gripe is the fit and healthy parents with fit and healthy children that set a poor example by contributing nothing to society which is the rinse and repeat reference as their kids have basically got no chance.

I've also had a short spell working in a special school with 100% SEN kids and noted a significant number of parents were ex pupils and this is a group in which for numerous reasons (that I know we're both aware of) can't work and I had said in previous posts that people who can't help themselves deserve as much help as they can get.

My SEN comparison was based on my own experience working in mainstream schools and in my experience the FSM/SEN ratio is similar to FSM ratio of kids without a statement and I see the figures myself in my current role.

One of the great things about this forum is the freedom to have a decent discussion and the fact that we can all bring something different to the table.

Like you said bro, all is good in the hood and at the end of the days we're both people who want to do the right thing who are both blues.
Massively agree with this point pal

My biggest gripe is the fit and healthy parents with fit and healthy children that set a poor example by contributing nothing to society which is the rinse and repeat reference as their kids have basically got no chance.

Gotto feel sorry for the kids in that situation

Bookmarked for May
The Rags remind me of Carlisle Utd in 1974.

My rag mate was getting giddy so I advised him to buy a paper (yes I know #buyacoffee) so he could cut out the league table and buy a picture frame so he could display it in his lounge.

"Worlds greatest football club" (TM) celebrating like this shows what a bunch of small time cunts they are

I’ve had to call the chief sports writer at The Times out on Twitter just now. See screenshots below...
Hes hollier than thou
Always came across as a prick on Sunday supplement. Loves himself.
Takes himself so seriously.
These journos are gagging for endless lockdowns so they can report on bad news

A lot of the #TopReds flapping their gums today seem to have never heard of Louis Edwards and World in Action...
Interesting interview here from last summer with the acclaimed film director Paul Greengrass, who was behind the Granada TV investigation.
Turns out Edwards was not only bribing the families of young players and supplying rotten meat to the poorest children in Manchester and Cheshire, he was also cynically ripping off the families of Munich disaster victims
My grandmother knew little about football but she was virulently anti Louis Edwards and the rotten meat supplied to schools. She had the knowledge of this because my grandfather served on the council for many years in the poorest ward in the city. Dougie Edwards, Louis's brother was on the council too and became Lord Mayor. I am not sure about his involvement but l do recall there were two convenient fires, one at OT and one at the meat business offices in which certain records were lost.
The book 'Lost Babes' written by a United fan gives a sobering story of the appalling way the Munich families were treated.
A disgusting club now and further back in their 'istree.

My grandmother knew little about football but she was virulently anti Louis Edwards and the rotten meat supplied to schools. She had the knowledge of this because my grandfather served on the council for many years in the poorest ward in the city. Dougie Edwards, Louis's brother was on the council too and became Lord Mayor. I am not sure about his involvement but l do recall there were two convenient fires, one at OT and one at the meat business offices in which certain records were lost.
The book 'Lost Babes' written by a United fan gives a sobering story of the appalling way the Munich families were treated.
A disgusting club now and further back in their 'istree.
Yeah Doug Edwards has also been mentioned as being just as thoroughly corrupt and crooked as his brother in that interview and in other articles.
Maybe Marcus Rashford is feeding the kids as a long overdue apology for Louis Edwards filling his pockets while poisoning them ;)

Wow the absolute state of The Times back page tomorrow.
Better off not responding,I know it’s hard but the only reason for that is to appease the masses who lap it up,all city’s fault if season gets suspended or all city’s fault the pandemic has got out of control in the uk due to city players hugging after scoring goals,just wait till we go top of the league hopefully by February,wouldn’t be surprised if this anal retentive writes another article this time calling for the league to be voided,we can see what’s going on just ignore them and move on .

I didn't say you weren't respectful and I did say it may be unintentional however it was clear that you hadn't read the previous posts as you would have had the full context and noted that there was no previous mention of SEN in any posts of mine or responses from other posters prior to your input.

The debate was purely around FSM and I feel strongly that the route causes aren't been tackled in the right way however some posters have taken that as me slagging off Rashford for his efforts when it is the BBC that I am criticising.
He was mentioned on ITV national and regional for the last 2 nights (I avoid the BBC as much as I can these days) and they used archive footage and I feel this is a positive however we both agree that it isn't tackling the route cause.

The government basically shot itself in the foot by making it's guidelines too vague which has caused the shit storm with some of the pitiful food parcels and I actually find it quite funny ( and embarrassing for a group of university educated ministers) to be owned by a lad in his 20's from a council estate in Manchester ( like myself but now in their 40's) as it was obvious this was going to happen.

Yes I was pissed off when I read your post, especially as I've read some of your posts before and you've always come across very well.

To be fair UEFA took snippets of information to try and hang my club out to dry and although I know this was not your intention, it felt like I was being hung out to dry in public in some kind if kangaroo court in the same way using snippets.
In addition, another poster who I hadn't encountered before did something similar earlier on which didn't help therefore you probably got a stronger response than if you had been the first to respond later in the day after that particular debate had basically come to a close.

Apologies if I came across as a bit abrasive in my response.

I've also had a short spell working in a special school with 100% SEN kids and noted a significant number of parents were ex pupils and this is a group in which for numerous reasons (that I know we're both aware of) can't work and I had said in previous posts that people who can't help themselves deserve as much help as they can get.

My SEN comparison was based on my own experience working in mainstream schools and in my experience the FSM/SEN ratio is similar to FSM ratio of kids without a statement and I see the figures myself in my current role.

One of the great things about this forum is the freedom to have a decent discussion and the fact that we can all bring something different to the table.

Like you said bro, all is good in the hood and at the end of the days we're both people who want to do the right thing who are both blues.
Could you tell me from your experience why some families get vouchers whilst others get the packs? Is it the way certain councils choose to do it. There has been a lot of talk about these packs but mention of where its happening regionally or otherwise although a very generic word 'companies' is mentioned but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.