Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The figures look really bad. I’m seeing posts saying basically it’s a positive sign, but the numbers are ridiculously high still.

50+ thousand infections and it’s seen as better....

There is just one positive thing about the figures: they are not going up, and almost certainly trending down. As it wasn't certain we would be able to contain this variant at all, that really is very, very good news indeed. An exponentially growing epidemic would have outrun vaccination very quickly. So we've dodged the worst case bullet.

Everything else is very bad.

Cases are appallingly high, almost the highest in the entire world right now.

Hospitals are overrun, cancelling allsorts and I dread to think how the staff are coping.

Our death rate is currently the second highest in the world.

Stay home blues.

I reported one Range Rover Sport V8 because I heard it out all hours and the guy was driving recklessly and anti-social, blipping the throttle for maximum noise and accelerating then braking hard even behind other cars. Got a message back this morning saying it would go in the traffic briefing.

The silence this afternoon - on the v8 idiot score - has been golden!

But honestly, you can hear the young lad's in their four pots chivving up and down the roads at all hours.

I reported one Range Rover Sport V8 because I heard it out all hours and the guy was driving recklessly and anti-social, blipping the throttle for maximum noise and accelerating then braking hard even behind other cars. Got a message back this morning saying it would go in the traffic briefing.

The silence this afternoon - on the v8 idiot score - has been golden!

But honestly, you can hear the young lad's in their four pots chivving up and down the roads at all hours.

not only are people on the roads but they also think the speed limit has doubled where I live !

I wish had not bothered with this as I have now reposted about 10 times and nobody has even noticed despite my saying this lunch time why I was going to be doing this. And updating EVERY time a nation reported new data so the latest post was totally up to date when I posted it.

Not going to bother doing this again as it is time consuming and if people just read a post at the very start and ignore the rest after it then it is meaningless trying to be up to date.

The four nations report at different times in the day so I was updating it every time one did so it was always right at THAT point of the day.
Thanks.
Youre doing a great job.

VACCINATIONS UPDATE:-

ENGLAND

2, 769,164 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 274, 793 in day - it was 239, 815 on Wednesday.

There were also 420, 510 second doses in total as of Thursday. 4834 were added Thursday v 8362 Wednesday.

SCOTLAND

224, 840 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 16, 633 in day - it was 16, 242 on Wednesday.

There were also 3190 second doses in total as of Wednesday. Update later for yesterday - 200 were added on Wednesday v 133 Tuesday.

WALES

126, 375 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 13, 402 in day - it was 11, 602 on Wednesday).

There were also 129 second doses in total as of Thursday - 8 were added on Thursday v 13 Wednesday.

NORTHERN IRELAND

114, 567 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 11, 866 in day - it was 11, 284 on Wednesday.

There were also 254 second doses in total on Thursday - it was 1170 on Wednesday.

TOTAL UK VACCINATIONS (updated as far as published data in dates above allow)

1ST DOSE:- 3, 234, 946

2ND DOSE ;- 443, 234

TOTAL VACCINATIONS :- 3, 678, 180
No need to shout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.