Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 10% higher than yesterday, that's not good, given we are all in "lockdown".
The roads are rammed, even during the day outside of rush hour.

We walk to the supermarket or go for a walk, barely drive anywhere, I honestly don’t know where people are going at 11am on a Friday.

Depends on the date of sample. could just be a backlog on tests.
It could but I've been following the numbers for "date of specimen" for my local area, and it's rare that there are "add ons" in tests back more than 3 or 4 days.

Clearly it has peaked in case numbers, with the highest daily total being 29th Dec at over 81k, followed by the 4th Jan at at 76k.

Yes but it is nearly 8000 up from past few days. And rising.

Must say I'm a bit surprised by your reaction to these numbers today given responses to my own on Scotland's numbers posted yesterday. Think both have extremely high numbers and although reductions in a various scale on the previous week, a sad end to a steady enough decline we've seen up until the past couple of days.

On the positive side, there do seem to be certain days of the week where infection numbers will post higher than others, as is the case with deaths but for different reasons perhaps. It seems likely that next week's numbers will start off at decent low's compared to what we've seen of late but again increase to higher numbers by the end of the week, although lower than this week's... If I can just about get my head around that.

There were 661, 829 pillar 1 & 2 tests. Another record/

So that partly mitigates the higher cases. 55, 761.

Positivity rate is 8.4% which is up from 8.2% yesterday.

But less drastically than it would have been without such a huge test number.

The roads are rammed, even during the day outside of rush hour.

We walk to the supermarket or go for a walk, barely drive anywhere, I honestly don’t know where people are going at 11am on a Friday.

yea the roads are rammed. Just heard one of the scientific advisors say people are sticking by the rules. Loads of people aren’t and there’s still millions going to work

Must say I'm a bit surprised by your reaction to these numbers today given responses to my own on Scotland's numbers posted yesterday. Think both have extremely high numbers and although reductions in a various scale on the previous week, a sad end to a steady enough decline we've seen up until the past couple of days.

On the positive side, there do seem to be certain days of the week where infection numbers will post higher than others, as is the case with deaths but for different reasons perhaps. It seems likely that next week's numbers will start off at decent low's compared to what we've seen of late but again increase to higher numbers by the end of the week, although lower than this week's... If I can just about get my head around that.
The numbers are high but the trend down in the positivity is what matters I would think.

To me the Scottish numbers seem to be going in the right direction as is the positivity. Though slowly and a way to go yet yes.

Todays 8000 rise is significantly mitigated by the huge rise in testing - but even with that positivity has risen a bit.

I am not a statistics expert so I cannot really judge on anything but instinct.

And the real concern is not the cases right now it is the hospital numbers which pretty much everywhere is far higher than ever before and not showing any major signs yet of falling.

Deaths will likely not plateau until they do. Cases are the first link in that chain. And positivity more important to watch than raw numbers. But in the UK today both are up. Though not by as much as it might have seemed once you work positivity out.

And I think England is the main driver of this.

Though why we have to work it out is bizarre given how crucial it is. Should be emphasised in England and never is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.