Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again. With that overall haphazard system it is not easy to see the size of the problem or how bad all parcels are. Anyway it seems it is under review, let's hope it gets sorted. My nephew used to get his dinner money from his mum, buy a free meals token off any one of of several kids, get a good meal and save the difference for watching City. I think that will always go on.
Anyway the BBC. I remember 'Listen With Mother's and when we got a TV we had the treat of Bill and Ben, Andy Pandy and others. The TV had a tiny screen and l can remember sitting at the front of several of my dads mates all huddled round this tiny screen watching the 1955 Cup final. The ITV came later and it was received via a box on top ot the TV.
So my connection to the beeb goes back a long way.
From the 60s on l travelled a lot and the World Service was a vital link with home at times listening on a crackle box in some far flung and horrible place. So l had this loyalty for many years but its has deteriorated in recent years as it chased ratings and dumbed down. The sports department is awful as it tries to be populist chasing teams in red having lost most other sports coverage.
I very rarely watch any live TV (City excepted) but the one l do watch is Breakfast. I wake early each morning and l don't want to get out of bed on a cold dark morning. I want my news for the day and no way do l want Piers Morgan and his lightweight programme. So l watch the decent parts of the news but the cost is the sports particularly with Silly Sally.
I am pretty much confined to the house especially since Covid so l watch a lot of TV using my Firestick and with Freeview l pick and choose and l see some good stuff including BBC - documentaries, HIGYNFY, David Attenborough and dramas from home and abroad (currently watching the early series of the excellentFrench programme Spiral. Various programmes on a wide range of music. Not a sniff of a soap opera, dancing and cooking competitions with their false hype or the dreadful reality shows.
But their sports coverage is awful in so many ways, bias being the worst.
Agree with a lot of the sentiments mate and sorry you're not able to get out much atm, hopefully that will all change in the not too distant future to some degree.
I also had fond memories of the BBC growing up (born in 73) but I cringe when I think about watching the like of Saville and Harris whilst they were getting up to all sorts and being protected by Auntie.
They do make some good dramas but my issue is their lack of accountability, the fact they get away with pretty much everything and basically patronise anyone who complains.
It's also grossly unfair that you have to pay a license fee if you never watch the BBC as it covers any live tv.
Someone could pay top dollar to Sly or Bt Spite for a premium package (not that I would give them a penny and like you use a firestick) yet would be criminalised if they didn't also buy a license even if they never watch the BBC and I can't see how that is fair.
If the licence covered BBC output only I wouldn't have an issue with that.

Message for those on here who say that they're ringing $ky to tell them that they're cancelling their subscription...

...when they ask why, just tell them that there must've been some sort of mistake with your order; you thought that you were ordering $ky $ports package but due to some sort of mix up you appear to have subscribed to MUFC/LFC TV instead.

Don't get angry.
Don't tell them who you support.
Just use a bit of sarcasm and cancel, maybe they'll get the message.

Maybe.

I never thought I would want Liverpool to win a game again after the last couple of seasons, but listening to Martin Tyler's commentary, I was hoping they would win that. His bias towards Utd is so obvious and the sooner he retires the better.
Can’t someone sneak a chicken bone into his soup?
That should see the old bastard off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.