Crystal Palace (h) post-match thread

Absolutely superb performance tonight that.

As I've said many times before, don't read my posts about football as although I've been watching it for 40 years I still know nothing about it. I'm changing my mind, we will not struggle for 4th place this year, we're going to struggle to win less than 4 trophies. I genuinely think he's cracked it now, a proper winning formula.

Pep has created a team that is now hard to beat. That alone now has changed the dynamic of this season for every single club across Europe. We've another clean sheet against a team who've caused us a lot of problems in the past and we made them look like relegation fodder. Dias and Stones - the best central defenders in Europe - were immense. Does anyone remember Laporte? Teams now are going to have to do something special like the KdB cross now to score against us rather than smash it forward.

I can't make my mind up whether our tactics have changed and that's why the whole team is playing well, or if the signing of Dias has made everyone click. Either way, it's a masterstroke. The Dias signing has energised the team and I honestly don't think I've seen a better debut season for a long time.

I do think this season that it looks like everyone has struggled a bit. Our first few games were awful and my fear was that Pep had not learned from last year. How wrong I was. Liverpool have run out of steam and asthma inhalers and Klopp is going to have to rebuild that team and I suspect he will leave next year and go to Real. He got lucky one year just like Leicester did.

This season, Pep's hit on tactics that are going to win the title at the very least. This is why he is the greatest manager in Europe. His ability to adapt, change yet still stick to his principles is phenomenal. We truly are lucky to have him.

Our season is starting now. I'm going to buy 4 bottles of champagne tomorrow as I think we're honestly going to win the lot this season.
The bald fraud knows, y'know.

Absolutely superb performance tonight that.

As I've said many times before, don't read my posts about football as although I've been watching it for 40 years I still know nothing about it. I'm changing my mind, we will not struggle for 4th place this year, we're going to struggle to win less than 4 trophies. I genuinely think he's cracked it now, a proper winning formula.

Pep has created a team that is now hard to beat. That alone now has changed the dynamic of this season for every single club across Europe. We've another clean sheet against a team who've caused us a lot of problems in the past and we made them look like relegation fodder. Dias and Stones - the best central defenders in Europe - were immense. Does anyone remember Laporte? Teams now are going to have to do something special like the KdB cross now to score against us rather than smash it forward.

I can't make my mind up whether our tactics have changed and that's why the whole team is playing well, or if the signing of Dias has made everyone click. Either way, it's a masterstroke. The Dias signing has energised the team and I honestly don't think I've seen a better debut season for a long time.

I do think this season that it looks like everyone has struggled a bit. Our first few games were awful and my fear was that Pep had not learned from last year. How wrong I was. Liverpool have run out of steam and asthma inhalers and Klopp is going to have to rebuild that team and I suspect he will leave next year and go to Real. He got lucky one year just like Leicester did.

This season, Pep's hit on tactics that are going to win the title at the very least. This is why he is the greatest manager in Europe. His ability to adapt, change yet still stick to his principles is phenomenal. We truly are lucky to have him.

Our season is starting now. I'm going to buy 4 bottles of champagne tomorrow as I think we're honestly going to win the lot this season.
I think you could be right.
This team has better balance than any of Pep’s previous sides and defensively much stronger.
That’s how trophies and particularly the CL gets won. Strong defence.
Tesco’s finest Premier Cru Champagne is an absolute steal at £20 should you wish to invest....

I’ve already seen enough to say that he’s going to go down as one of those game-changing transfers like Kompany, Silva, Aguero and De Bruyne. I think he’s going to be one of the best in the world.
Yep. Best of his type I’ve seen at the club since Daniel van Buyten, and he was something special albeit in a much less talented side

Pep hadn't lost his way - he was using an awful hand of cards dealt him - no pre-season, no real warm up games, Covid and injuries. I said it at the time - we're not robots, we were physically knackered, but we would turn it round. Right now, we're head and shoulders the best team in the league.
I think he had.

It stemmed from the season culminating with the Lyon defeat. We’re still miles below the standards we set two years ago. This season there’s obvious reasons for it given the turn around time.

We’d looked stale for a while, but Dias coming in and our new found, rock solid defence, it really seems to have perked him up.

I hadn’t lost faith in him. He’s produced the best football I’ve ever seen from City. He’s done it before. It looks like he’s found mechanisms to reinvent us... However we weren’t what we’d been and there needed to be a new impetus. Hopefully it can continue.

I think he had.

It stemmed from the season culminating with the Lyon defeat. We’re still miles below the standards we set two years ago. This season there’s obvious reasons for it given the turn around time.

We’d looked stale for a while, but Dias coming in and our new found, rock solid defence, it really seems to have perked him up.

I hadn’t lost faith in him. He’s produced the best football I’ve ever seen from City. He’s done it before. It looks like he’s found mechanisms to reinvent us... However we weren’t what we’d been and there needed to be a new impetus. Hopefully it can continue.

200 million in the summer and Palmer and Delap a year older says it will.

I think you could be right.
This team has better balance than any of Pep’s previous sides and defensively much stronger.
That’s how trophies and particularly the CL gets won. Strong defence.
Tesco’s finest Premier Cru Champagne is an absolute steal at £20 should you wish to invest....

I've said for a few weeks that the CL is ours this year. Teams with good defences win the CL, totally agree.

As for the champers, that's a great tip and I reckon there will be 4 in the wine cellar tomorrow (well, kitchen cupboard near the sink) tomorrow getting ready to be chilled! :) Thanks for the tip!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.