Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Some fucking ridiculous comments on here.

We played a team for whom was not just a game, not even their cup final, it was the game of their lives. Leaving NOTHING on the pitch.

And we fielded a team with 10 changes. 10. Players who have barely had s kick in weeks.

In this context this is a solid result. La Porte wasn't great but what do you expect after a long lay off? Mendy actually looked half decent at times, which makes a change.

Mahrez was actually OK, other than his usual being knocked off the ball like a 12 year old girl. But that's just Mahrez. He absolutely needs to man up.
Agreed , if you look at the match objectively which not many are we could have and should have won by 6 or 7.

Desperate goal line clearances , hit the bar twice , 9 shots on goal.

I thought they played to their ability perhaps upped it because of the occasion but really we had enough chances to belt them we just were not clinical enough and had some bad luck as well.

Their goal shouldn't have counted as the throw in was taken some 10 metres from where it should have , yes we were asleep but so was the ref.

In the end a well deserved win we were by far the better side on the day.

Fecks sake... I need a drink to calm down after that

With 10 minutes left it looked like we'd run out of ideas, no sign of a goal coming... and facing the most embarrassing cup defeat in our history and probably one of the biggest cup shocks in the last 50 years that would be brought up every year

Some of the seniors were worse than the kids. Making 10 changes made it tough but with so many games he kinda had to
I aggree.

I think the reasonning behind Pep logic was the seniors would be the calming influence.

I dont think the Kids had a particularly bad game either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.