Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Your boys were fantastic tonight. With 10 minutes left I'd all but given up. It looked like we'd run out of ideas and we could have played another hour and not scored. At that point we honestly couldn't have had any complaints you deserved it

The genius of pep changed it. two subs Cancelo and Gundogan .. when everybody was screaming for Bernardo and Sterling, won the game
Dias as well. Needed a leader on the pitch to help Fern.

Won in the end . Foden was fantastic but it took gundo and cancelo to come on and turn it round but there was some cowardly performances out there tonight especially from Mahrez who when it was 3-1 started to do the tricks and enjoy the game well he should be ashamed of that performance and also Jesus needs to get his act together . because at the moment he is not on our level either . One thing it proved tonight aswell is that everyone clamouring to see him he likes of Doyle and Haywood bellis in the team need to face facts that they are nowhere near the he first team yet . Phil foden will become our greatest ever player I’m sure of it .
Agree totally. Foden dragged us back from the brink. There were some spineless displays tonight from some of our players. The front three were terrible. I am pleased that Gabby and Torres scored but they have both got to step up to another level. It wasn't a lack of effort from anyone in our team but there was a lack of mental strength from some of them. I am delighted we got through. It looked like another Halifax or Shrewsbury for a long time.

Don’t any of you lockdown depressed fuckers complain one little bit about that goat of a football match!

That is what makes our game great.

That is the FA CUP ...

An underdog team grafting like a 3 pence brass!

A referee with the visual acumen of Mr Magoo.

A journeyman centre half having a fuckin worldy

And a young English kid from stocky not phased by any of it and delivering !!

Epic!

Fackin epic!
And still the citizens moan...

Mahrez was not great, like so many tonight but I thought he was more involved than Torres. But we look so poor attacking these days, miss simple chances and one on ones and certainly could have easily gone out tonight.
Tap in Torres, all he does is score.

A win's a win, no matter how you arrive at one, but a dour game bar the last ten mins. There'll be many a tear in the RDAHMeedya tonight. All the old clichés trotted out on the BBC website now that their preferred winners didn't win. Some guy writing in to the BBC thanked Cheltenham on behalf of the neutral supporters. I fancy all the 'neutral' supporters were anything but neutral!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.